TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone here knows where I could get the brackets for theTLR make up. I've got the spring and shocker but not the brackets or spacers. :cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,288 Posts
haiiro99 said:
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone here knows where I could get the brackets for theTLR make up. I've got the spring and shocker but not the brackets or spacers. :cheers



ask ruby he's up that area :O

kelvin @ FRANKSRACING in adelaide
PH: 0883771261
U18 - 788 marion rd
marion S.A 5003

you'll find his add in the MOTORCYCLE TRADER mag
tell him brett from murray bridge put you onto him.

* kelvin will need a template *
IE: photos & cardboard cut out & mesurements- you could sorce these from the someone that has one :devious.

he done machine work for TL's in the prime race days. he may have the template for one :O
kelvin done my TLs top clamp , raisers. top workmanship & top old guy not many like him left :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
veetwo tls said:
ask ruby he's up that area :O

kelvin @ FRANKSRACING in adelaide
PH: 0883771261
U18 - 788 marion rd
marion S.A 5003

you'll find his add in the MOTORCYCLE TRADER mag
tell him brett from murray bridge put you onto him.

* kelvin will need a template *
IE: photos & cardboard cut out & mesurements- you could sorce these from the someone that has one :devious.

he done machine work for TL's in the prime race days. he may have the template for one :O
kelvin done my TLs top clamp , raisers. top workmanship & top old guy not many like him left :thumbup
Cheers will send him a quick email.
*off to Google TLR, Ohlins, Brackets*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,288 Posts
haiiro99 said:
Cheers will send him a quick email.
*off to Google TLR, Ohlins, Brackets*
sorry he has no email/web site anymore :thumbdown
only contact by phone or in person.
unless his phone & fax are the same NO: :O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
veetwo tls said:
sorry he has no email/web site anymore :thumbdown
only contact by phone or in person.
unless his phone & fax are the same NO: :O
I'm sure I'll find a way.. I'm desperate enough :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ghost said:
I've spoken to both the Australian and US importers and both say that they can't break the kits up to just get the brackets and spacers.
Also contacted Ohlins head office and was redirected to the Aussie distributor who sounded a bit annoyed at being asked the same question by the same person twice :O
Anyhow I've got drawings and measurements now and looking at getting them made up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,024 Posts
...and they are very expensive to get just the brackets...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,288 Posts
haiiro99 said:
I got a quote from Find a Part for AUD369 per bracket...
WOW is that good or bad ?
to me it sounds steep but it is billet & one off. :O

near $700AUD for my clutch cover local (country area)
top clamp & raisers from kelvin / franks racing $495AUD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it's a bit steep but it's (the whole kit from Find A Part) is roughly the same price as what a custom shop quoted me ($850).
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top