TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the call from my realiter monday and i got to the bank today its pretty much in the bag i got aproved for more then im paying. its a forecloser and it needs some work all of it is shit like carpet and drywall and painting the house is only 17 years old but the ppl that lived there treated it pretty shitty its apraised at 138,000 and im getting it for 115,900 its only got a one car garage but thats plenty of room for the TL :D so for the next month i am gonna be busy remodeling a house hopfully i will be in by dec 1st

neal

·
Registered
689 Posts
Congrats...Hope you have some construction tools.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
congrats! :thumbup

I bought a condo in May, it's friggin stressful and you'll be questioning it all through the long closing process, but it's well worth it. you dont mind mailing off a mortgage payment as much as you do a rent payment, that's for sure.

you'll have fun fixin her up, I wish I went that route instead of buying new

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Congrats:thumbup :banana

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you will be wearing a grove in the ground between your house and Home Depot...

Sweat equity.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Congrats! :cheers It seems like one of the best financial moves you can make. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Nice job -invest wisely and every penny you put in you will get back + some more pennies :D

Research your loan. No pre payment penalty, Not adjustable (ARM) or make sure it is fixed, and stay away from the "interest only" type loans. If you intend to refi in the next year and you are putting down points make sure that it makes sense (usually doesn't) -a lot of times the points just get sucked up into the interest which is a big waist if you are just going to refi.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slow50 said:
Congrats...Hope you have some construction tools.
i do construction for a living, if i dont have it my boss does, and if he dont a friend does. they never finished graded the yard so they ended up with water in the basment and ruined the drywall in the basment..... but my boss has a bobcat that i can use to grade it off and hes got friends with acess to dirt and a dump truck....

chuck thanks for that input im getting 6.78% thats with no money down and fixed intrest.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
:cheers It's a great time to buy and it sounds like you got a nice deal. Wait until you do your taxes for 2007... you will kick yourself in the ass for not buying sooner. Enjoy building sweat equity in your own home. And I can relate to dealing with a fixer upper. I took a garden hose into my first house after pulling the carpet out to start cleaning. It was gross... but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Good for you Shep. I hope you can get most of the work done before you move in, it makes it a lot easier as I'm sure you know.

S

·
0 Posts
Heres some incentive

I bought my house 1 yr ago it was def. the best purchase i have ever made here are some pix of my bathroom remodel all done by me!! No matter how trashed your house is it can be sorted out with a little help from Home Depot!!!!!!!!!

Original bathroom pix

During

and after the redux

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Congrats on the house and good luck with it shep. :cheers

Sully, nice job on the bathroom remodelling :thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Congratulations! Nothing like owning your own home. Let's face it, the tax structure is such that it rewards homeowners too. You will now have a big fat interest deduction. Points are deductible too, over the life of the loan. In other words, you can take 1/30th of the points each year on a 30 year loan. It amounts to lunch money, but why give the IRS any more than you have to?

Sully, that is some awesome bathroom remodeling. You can truly shit, shower and shave in spendor :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sully i wish that the bathroom in the house i got looked as nice as your did b4 you remodled!! ill take pictures of it when i get in it to show you guys its nasty. alot of it is jsut cleaning tho like the bathroom looks like it hasnt been cleaned in like a year or better and the shower and toilet are discusting too...

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys, the original bathroom pix look nice but it was full of mold, so it all had to come out. The remodel came out real good and was a pain in the ass to do 4 weekends in a row 14 hrs a day, the only help i had was taking the original cast iron tub out, hell i ended up almost doing a complete copper re pipe too, every peice of galvanized pipe I touched started to leak:banghead but all worth it in the end!!

1 more pic the best part the shower head!!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
congrats man :cheers it sure is a special fealing when they call and say U got it :yes
hope U got tools and patience and money for beer :D

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sully said:
Thanks guys, the original bathroom pix look nice but it was full of mold, so it all had to come out. The remodel came out real good and was a pain in the ass to do 4 weekends in a row 14 hrs a day, the only help i had was taking the original cast iron tub out, hell i ended up almost doing a complete copper re pipe too, every peice of galvanized pipe I touched started to leak:banghead but all worth it in the end!!

1 more pic the best part the shower head!!
Beautiful Sully. Question, do those shower doors swing in or out?

Just thought if they swung out that you'd get water on the floor getting out of the shower.

S

·
0 Posts
voodootwin said:
Beautiful Sully. Question, do those shower doors swing in or out?

Just thought if they swung out that you'd get water on the floor getting out of the shower.
The doors swing 220 degrees and they have a small little lip on the inside bottom edge that makes the water run away from the glass into the tub. I get more water on the floor dripping off of me than the will ever come off the doors. Besides i pretty much always open them in when i get out!! + My wife is a little crazy when it comes to keeping the house looking nice, so she hung a little squeegee on the inside to keep the glass from getting water spots:coocoo

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
down the road i may change the bathroom in the basment that has just a stand up shower in it to have a head like that. my buddy just built a house and hes got a two person shower with two big heads at each end and one in the middle, i'd love to have a shower like that!

neal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts