TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to make it official that all my questions you guys had answered over the last month or so were not wasted, a couple of weeks ago I bought a '97 with 9800 miles on it, a D and D full system, 6 pots, ss lines. It has a few little issues but I think it is going to be one hellofalot of fun. The weather has been pretty good for this time of year so I got to ride to work a couple of days and just took about a 90 mi. joy ride another day and I'm really liking that motor and the fact that it is just "READY" no matter what.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just bought one two months ago a Green 97 S, and only last week got the forks replaced so I can ride. LOVE the motor... like riding a rocket..... much more fun than my 98 VFR...

Great Stuff.

Vince

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Congrats to you both. Cool bikes (original owner of a green '97 here)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mines currently green but the red would be my first pick. Might paint it this winter. How do you feel about the Suzuki red compared to the Ducati red, I've never seen them side by side but the TLS was designed to be a Duke eater so maybe the Duke paint.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine is a '97 S just repainted it the original color Marble Italian Red- looks great. My friend has a 2001 Duc SS also red but mine is MUCH brighter. The suzuki red is really bright- almost electric!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ronn and Vince... Congrats on your new bikes....
Stick around and you'll find and learn a lot of useful thing here..... :cheers

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
:bigfinger...WELCOME...:bigfinger

now go hide your wallett....

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hey... So many 97s here together....
Look at my sig now and get your asses into this GB now...
You know we all need two more people to run the GB.....
Don't let the 6bolters be the only ones that have those beauties on their bikes.....
WE WANT VAN'S CLUTCH PLATES NOW :laugh

·
Registered
676 Posts
Mine is 97 red, was looking for green but the red is growin on me. Not near as dark as a honda 996 superhawk. Much racier looking red on the suzuki!

Welcome fellow 97ers!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Congrats...I'm relatively new to the TL world as well...I thought the Green was a bit more "mature" looking so I went for it. Be careful...it's fun to play with too. I started to "just do an oil change" and the next thing you know I've got it all apart just a planning and dreaming left and right. I'm glad you found one...and that you didn't buy the crashed one.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Excellent. I loved my '97 TLS. Tell us about your issues. We'll help ya with them.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
They made one in red?

huh, why would they do that? :coocoo

:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
97 Green Machine

Thanks, it's good to feel the love:2finger Got mine with trashed forks, oil soaked front pads, otherwise clean, barely 6K on her for $3500.00 US. Thought it was a good deal, so what the hell. Just replaced the forks with another set for 160.00 this last week, spent the last three days getting the suspension dialed in. I have to say, THIS THING F#$%^ING ROCKS :devious I've had a 98VFR for the last 7 years put 50K on her. A nice fast ride, but very civilized. The TLS is a GREAT Hooligan bike. Nothin but grins from the time I leave the garage to the time I get back. Can't wait for the next semi warm day. Mods planned, remap, Rifleman clutch cover, TLR clutch, relocate thermo, Bitubo rear, Raceteck 0.86KG with gold valves. :banana :banana :burnout

Mods to date, Led flashers, integrated tailight, Yosh RS3 on the way. K&N

V

1 - 20 of 33 Posts