TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally booked her in to have a full service, and then followed after but a PCIII installed and a custom map made for her. Needless to say i can't wait :) She booked in for a months time, when i get a good bonus coming.

I heard a few things when there last time watching them dyno someone elses bike. They seam to give the impression the can either make it more HP or more Tourque, First is this correct, and then if so what you recommend. I like the sound or more tourque, i use that more, but what you lot say.

Cheers for feedback.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well HP= torque X RPM/5252 So HP is function of torque. For what they will be doing, just building a fuel map for your stock bike with stock redline, there really aren't any tuning decisions to make.
john

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that, just handy to know as i wasn't to sure, as when i went in they could add more torque but the hp dropped a little, so was kinda confused why.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, I have an advantage here I work in a Ducati dealer and we have a dyno specailist, when anyone runs a bike onthe dyno all they are trying to achieve is getting the fuelling to the optimum. If you have modified the bike they will get the fuel to run at the optimum level for the new settings, but they cannot wind back your torque and improve your HP or vice versa, the bike will run at the level its set at, but if they get to the optimum fuelling levels then you will get an increase in both your HP and Torque..Does that make any sense???

Later

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one, thanks for the extra details :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Yep, agree with Fragle..................I've been told that every time I've taken my bikes for some dyno work :thumbup

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
whem u booked in?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's bookin for for the full service on the on the 1st nov, and dyno for the 3rd :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts