TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
The Bike Info: 1998 TL1000R Stock everything just about, Yoshi cans.

I have synced the TBs, set the TPS, and have no codes. The fuel filter and spark plugs are both new, and I have checked all vacuum lines to be good (smoke machine test). I have swapped the Throttle body assemblies and the ECU (I had a previous running motor with a bad first gear.).

The problem I have been having is it starts up fine, idles and runs good EXCEPT when you give it more than a quarter turn of the throttle. If I decide to get on the throttle its instantly loses power, starts to bog down, it jerks and stumbles like it wants to go but it won't and it wont go high in RPMs either. If I easy into the throttle it will climb up high in RPMs.

I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas at all? All are appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
strange thing i bought a TL1000 never tried it out fool. navigator year 2000. after it was delved from Liverpool .still never tried it out.till the next day.no way of getting my money back. he offed me 150. i spent that on parts. bought in June 13 2019. today 992019 still not solved the up the tank bogging down on 1000 rpm 2000 rpm .front cylinder just worm
i did replays the carbs of ebay. .and the carb rubbers. came from grees after fitting still the same. when i first tuck the bike apart .i found the front pot was black.?strange the carbs i bought of eBay wear black the back pot was clean . pulled the plug black suttee after running the engine. for a short time. then a misfire .on the top of the carbs wear you fit the injectors connectors you have 1 and 2 numbers on the wiring .number one means number one cylinder front. i did get them wrong some time back .it started ok. then misfired .will correct this to day if i have time .i swap them about if the misfire goes to number 2 cylinder the problem is cumming from the ECU.workings mind you to unplug injectors clips is no fun. i found if you listen for that little click when your pressing the plug on the injector.it will pull off. on the dash no info.no codes as well. remove a fuse for fuel pump...... you will see F1 use a loop for the shop mangier under the seat.on my bike, after testing so much using my Manuel from my GSX1400 as it was on hand and the GSX started to misfire just like the the TL1000. all i did with GSX fitted a good air filler and blast cleaned the plugs. . ok TL1000 i try to synchronise the cabs .last job if that dose not work wear next. thinking of the air box and air sensors swap them about. its strange you get a misfire onone cylinder it can drive you insane. this site as it all.past a present .
sorry for the way i talk. ok you have the same problem. pull the plug on the bad cylinder .if sooty but dry .air filter choke over rich fuel .only thing that controls the fuel is the ECM . but still we have no codes. my think is as it says in the book. fuel is over rich in the cylinder .then we have the misfire....fit a new plug start the engine ,it should run ok for a mine t or so. pull the plug. sooty .if i solve mine i let you no. AIR sensors TPS is you have the lines on the clocks .you need the cent liner one.buy running the engine moving the TPS. some wear on this site you will find a video some one telling you ow to set the carbs up. over fuel in ? thank from john

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!
The Bike Info: 1998 TL1000R Stock everything just about, Yoshi cans.

I have synced the TBs, set the TPS, and have no codes. The fuel filter and spark plugs are both new, and I have checked all vacuum lines to be good (smoke machine test). I have swapped the Throttle body assemblies and the ECU (I had a previous running motor with a bad first gear.).

The problem I have been having is it starts up fine, idles and runs good EXCEPT when you give it more than a quarter turn of the throttle. If I decide to get on the throttle its instantly loses power, starts to bog down, it jerks and stumbles like it wants to go but it won't and it wont go high in RPMs either. If I easy into the throttle it will climb up high in RPMs.

I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas at all? All are appreciated.
did you ever get this fixed ? im having the same issue.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,411 Posts
Bonez,
Is the bike new to you?
Did you recently swap the engine? Or do some work on it?
Did the problem begin all of the sudden or gradually?
Was the engine running fine previously?
Give us a little history please.

The failure description from TLMonster sounds like a disconnected or faulty IAP sensor. Hopefully, he will respond....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts