TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tps sensor was synced new oem fuel pump an lines, starts rite up but as soon as i put it in gear an hit the gas its bogging down, an new injectors too could it be the tip sensor or the tre

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
New injectors you say? As in "new" new or just new to the bike? Tip sensor is unlikely to make the thing bog down. You'd expect it to cut out entirely. I'd go for removing the TRE first then see what happens. You are best off starting from a "stock" baseline whilst trying to debug the thing. Next port of call if the thing struggles under load would be the fuel pump/filter. You can do the flow test to get an idea of the condition of the fuel delivery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning snowblind an thanks for the reply an yes like brand new injectors, an you said fuel pump filter could it have come from the factory bad cuz the fuel pump is new too thats why this is throwing me for a loop

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
If pump and filter are new then you can probably rule them out. Might be worth doing the flow test anyway just to confirm you don't have a kinked hose in the tank or somesuch.
That said let's see what happens without the TRE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be a dumb question but the airbox mod was done from who ever had it b4 me would the iap sensor still be hooked up an now i have a full battery an the bike wont start from the kill switch button if i bridge the starter relay it starts lol

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Might be a dumb question but the airbox mod was done from who ever had it b4 me would the iap sensor still be hooked up an now i have a full battery an the bike wont start from the kill switch button if i bridge the starter relay it starts lol
The IAP sensor stays in place even with the airbox mod. It is a small cube shaped sensor normally mounted on the back of the air box, and connected to the throttle body with a vacuum line.

You say it "won't start from the kill switch button."
Does this mean the engine will not even crank over via the starter button, or does it crank OK, but does not start and run?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No itll start if i jump the starter relay with a screw driver jus not with the button an thanks ama pit boss for the layout

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
If it doesn't crank over while using the starter button, have a look at the clutch switch. It's under the clutch lever. Sometimes it gets oxidized and doesn't make a good connection, or spiders have been known to make a nest inside of it. When the clutch is pulled in, that switch provides the ground connection for the coil in the starter relay. If it is providing a poor connection, the starter button cannot activate the starter relay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok six5 ill give it a try thanks for the info ill update after i try it i appreciate all the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts