TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I get accused of living in a cave, but have you seen this BMW? I was attending a meeting yesterday and saw this in the parking lot. Very cool, SSSA, and no chain drive!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
yes that is a very very nice looking bike

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah you've been in a cave:lol Cool bike but way to many problems imho. You'll be very lucky if the final drive lasts as long as a chain would (and its a wee bit more expensive to fix).

here's a pic of a '06 GS1200 with 11k miles on it:)

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BikePilot said:
Yeah you've been in a cave:lol Cool bike but way to many problems imho. You'll be very lucky if the final drive lasts as long as a chain would (and its a wee bit more expensive to fix).

here's a pic of a '06 GS1200 with 11k miles on it:)

Whoa! The driver seat to my last car, a 2002 VW Jetta did the same thing to me. Burned the heck out of my butt from the seat warmer coil breaking!:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Now that's bad!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
wow how did metal catch on fire!!!!!! now thats scary!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I'm thinking BMW for my next bike ... I almost like the look of those things. And the service intervals arent too bad either.

BP - that flame looks photoshopped! What was the story behind that?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Kamikuza said:
I'm thinking BMW for my next bike ... I almost like the look of those things. And the service intervals arent too bad either.

BP - that flame looks photoshopped! What was the story behind that?
if it is magnisium or titanium it will catch on fire.. You need a Class "D" fire estinguisher or lots of sand or the fun way is to flood it using a 1250 GPM smooth bor nozel at 250 PSI on a deluige gun on a fire truck.. u need huge loads of water for a small fire anythig less will excite the fire even more as the water is rich with oxygen and thats fule.. big metal fires needs to be put out using dry powder and not to be confused with dry chemical as it said on most fire extinguishers

FYI: many metals can burn like aluminum, calcium, hafnium, lithium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, titanium, uranium, zinc and zirconium.. im sure there is many more but i cant think of them.. DO NOT USE CLASS "ABC" FIRE EXTINGIUSHER ON METAL FIRES.. IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE

i hope this helped.. its fun being a firerfighter .. yall should try it:)

Ash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts