TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, just wanted to write and thank everyone that replied to my "not quite blinking lights" thread.
I traced the problem to the plug just under fuel tank hinge. The shock from wheelies or just vibrations from the bike seem to make the plug connections loose.
Here's the quick fix should anyone experience this problem as I did! Simply disconnect the plug, you don't even have to take the plastic fuse cover off. Now take out the little yellow plastic insert. Then take a small screwdriver, I used the smallest from a small precision screwdriver set, and gently pry on the little plastic retainer clip holding the wire in the plug while pulling on the wire. Once the wire is out use the screwdriver to close the gap that recieves the pin from the other end of the plug. put the wire back in and repeat the steps for the other three wires. There's two red wires and two smaller yellow wires. Put the yellow clip deal back in, plug it back together and voila!
I discovered this problem with the bike running and moving things around to find out if in fact my problem was just something being loose. When I move this plug the lights flickered noticably. I moved it again a little more and the bike just died. Now I know of some people's bikes just shutting off suddenly and this might be one reason why.
I hope this at least helps someone, thanks again!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
did the same mine was the yellow connector but still same loose connection i had to reform the wire end a little and also clean it with a wire brush...showed signs of arcing...all better now...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I notice my taillight and highbeam indicator will flicker as I ride...and it changes with rpm as well :O I thought maybe it was due to my LED taillight, but I rode my friends 03 with stock lighting and it did the same thing :O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts