TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of seeing my buddies sell their bikes due to other life commitments ie babies, wives, girlfirends and my riding group become gradually smaller to the point it was non existant the tlr has been sold to a better home.

It had been sitting in the garage not getting ridden and i knew it had to go, in order to chase some other goals of mine ie travel etc.

Ill always have a soft spot for the tlr and i love nothing more than coming on this site everyday seeing all the stuff you guys are up to all over the world, so ill be around :)

Have to say the bikes only been gone a week and im already missing having a bike, i think bikes are in my blood as im sure you guys can appreciate, i can see another bike in my not to distant future :)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
yeh i know how you feel all my old riding group have gone for the same reasons - i guess there wives were the pants in the house :lol J/K mate :) .
ive been bikeless in the past & it felt i'd lost a arm or leg it just did,nt feel right.
im sure you'll get another iE: motard then you can hit the dirt trails as well as road.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Coxxy. WTF. I sorta hear what your saying mate. It's tuff having 10k worth of bike in the shed & not using it. Dont worry mate, I'll still talk to ya next week.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have noticed the same thing lately...but its not happening in my house...
Bikes are in my blood....no one including wife/gf is going to tell me to get rid of it......

Nothing beats a nice ride on a nice day.....
Taking a few hours for yourself to do something you enjoy no matter what it is should make your partner happy if not..tell them to get there own hobby....

Rant over......hahaha

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeh, I relate to that, except my group is of an older vintage. But for me, even if it's by myself... I just keep riding. Strange, even on this site there were several posts about the supers at Winton last year. There on again this weekend, and there is not one post about them:O . The weather looks like being ok, so Ill hold the end up.
Not long until the Snowy Ride either:O .
OH, no none have died... yet:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
yeah when I started riding the group of about ten now i'm the only one .
if your a biker you will be back . I myself ride less but when I get on the bike you cant get me off .

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I dont get it, your friends sold theirs so you sold yours? why wouldn't you ride by yourself? I agree its more fun, but if I only road with others I'd barely ever ride. Be more of an individual. I'd NEVER give up a bike 'cause my buddies did.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I found myself in the same situation - all my mates either sold up or don't go out ..... I joined a local forum and have met some new peep's for rides, but still enjoy riding by myself, or just take my eldest son out with me as a pillion now :)

It's odd though - the bike can be tax'd and tested, but just sat in the garage unused for a couple or three weeks at a time and it's no biggy, but the MINUTE it's actually unrideable for any reason it's like your left leg's been cut off :dowhat just knowing you can't ride it if you want puts a horrible feeling in your mind :O :coocoo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive got a wife that got here her own bike after a month of seeing me on mine. I have my group now, but sometimes I like riding by myself more because she got a cruiser and even when I'm trying not to leave her, she simply can't keep up. It's kinda frustrating sometimes. Ride by yourself and have fun!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Nah, I don't get out on the TLs much over winter..................doesn't mean I want to get rid of her tho!! When somethings REALLY getting you down & the weather's "ok" it's the perfect way to make yourself feel good again, a good blast on the 'bike :hail

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I can't amagine not having a bike, I've lost 2 girlfriends over my bike. Bikes still in the garage, Bar still full of girls.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I've been completely without a bike before. My wife was kind of happy when it went away as she didn't have to worry about me. But every time we'd pass a bike on the street and she'd seem my depressed puppy face, or when I'd be dragging around the house on a nice day she realized how it affected me. She was the encouragement for me to get another bike...I just had to figure out how to swing it financially.

This past spring I got a dirt bike and decided to go dirt and track only and leave the street. I'm now back to wanting a street bike...not a sportbike though. I just can't scratch the itch often enough, ya know?

Hang around, you'll see us having fun and you'll have a nice new GSX-ZX-R#-CBR in your garage come spring time. :thumbup

·
Registered
618 Posts
Man, if I didn't ride because I did have a group of friends to ride with, I wouldn't be riding!!. I enjoy riding with a group if they are a "like" group. I used to have a group of friends I rode with some 30+ years ago. We had lots of great times. On Friday night we would plan a Sunday ride, then on Saturday there would be maybe 5 or 6 of us riding around and everytime we'd see another person on a bike we'd chase them down and tell them about our Sunday ride. Sometimes we'd end up with 50 or 60 people on the ride.
I don't have any riding buddies anymore, most quit riding, some died, others still have a bike but don't ride for one reason or another, be it family, or medical reasons.
The closest I get to a groupl ride is when my neighbor and one or two of his Ducati riding buddies get together and I go along with them.
I guess it fits me, I'm pretty much a loner, no family, and very few friends. I guess I'll probably ride till I die.
I doubt I'll ever have another group of riding buddies at my age, but the memories are fond, and I'll continue to ride, even by myself.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
462 Posts
I hear what you are saying. My wife has also mentioned to me about getting rid of the TLR. After buying it wrecked and fixing it myself......well, lets just say she lost that fight. I think it's a lot harder do get rid of something after you put time into it.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Armydog said:
I hear what you are saying. My wife has also mentioned to me about getting rid of the TLR. After buying it wrecked and fixing it myself......well, lets just say she lost that fight. I think it's a lot harder do get rid of something after you put time into it.
I hear ya Armydog, I was in the same boat. I bought mine wrecked and spent nearly a year scavanging parts here and on ebay, reubilt it painted it and enjoyed the heck out of it.

But sooner or later this had to happen -> http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65387

·
Registered
116 Posts
With SonnyD on this one, though i do ride out alone at times it is not often. Past good times with tight similar riding skill guys ( 30 years of bad riding habits are ok around other 50-81 year old turkies with bad skills, at least you know for sure they wont take your front wheel like the odd imortal young turk ).

Moved away from the last older rider recently, not looking good at this time. As for selling the last bike? Will never happen... ever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts