TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the other thread was a bit messy with all the bike purchasing stuff and I'd have to post in way too many regional forums so here goes...

I'm flying into KC on the 27th and will make my way toward Oshkosh later that day, stop somewhere (Shep?)) and arrive the morning of the 28th. Then I'll probably try to stay somewhere close to the airshow that night (anyone in the Oshkosh area???), check out a bit more of the show on the 29th then strike out for Denver.

I'll stop somewhere, probably near the Badlands SD, for the night on the 29th, then should arrive in Denver mid-afternoon on the 30th. Perhaps stay with a kind Zoner:deal

Pilette flys in on the 31st (early) and will be in town untill very early on the 4th. We'll tour around, see the sights etc. Not sure where we'll stay - perhaps with zoners or if anyone knows of affordable mountain cabins/lodges or that sort of thing I'd be very interested!

I'll be up for dirt (and street) riding anytime on the 4th or later in the Denver area. Craig, Wade ?

After that, not much is planned other than that I need to be in SD sometime after the 10th to ride Baja. Jensen?

Finally, I've gotta end up back in Cambridge MA by September (but should probably come back to DC to grab my stuff, DR250SE, etc a week ahead of time).

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Still pondering this cross-country thing...6,000 miles on a brand new bike. :eek Why don't we do an either/or. Either I tag along with you down to SoCal in early Aug., or ride across the country to wherever you drop the Bandit off in late Aug. :O Figure first week of Aug. for SoCal or leave around the 17th for XC.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be in Denver for the first week of Aug, but could do the ride from NorCal to SoCal in the second week of Aug (perhaps leave Norcal around the 10th-ish?):O

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Well, I am back in town on 8/3, so that works out nicely.

You guys are more than welcome to stay here in the spare bedroom in the basement. I will see about taking that Friday off - maybe we can get a couple of dirt rides in. There is always the evening street cruise too :D

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect:thumbup I think we would like to take you up on the spare bedroom offer:hail I'm also looking around to see if any ski resorts or other places in the mountains might have a cool room for an affordable price for a night or two. Let me know if you have any ideas on that front.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Its been a few years but the rooms in Aspen ect... should be about half-price from the winter rate, still not cheap. The last time I stayed in the mountains during summer we got a $350 room for $175 (it was a pretty nice place). I'm sure the local Colorado boys will have some better info for ya.

Have a great trip, keep safe.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You both are welcome to stay here.

I was talking with Bimati last night and he said he could get out for a ride on Sunday, the 2nd. I could probably get a kitchen pass for that day too. If that works for you ant the wife, let me know and I will put together a route.

I'll have to see what days i will have off, since we were cut back to 4 days a week at work, for a dirt ride. I will check to see if I can borrow a bike. The problem is, it won't have the OHV tags and I don't really want to spend $25 just for a day.

If you need a cage to pick Pilette up for the airport, you are welcome to use my truck. It's usually just parked in the street anyway.

·
5,503 Posts
That would be awesome to go for a ride on Sunday with Bimati. Count me in :D

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to go ride with Bimati as well. I need to check with Pilette, but I'm pretty sure we'd be up for it, though with us 2-up I'm afraid I'd hold up the pack even more than usual :blush

I didn't know there was an OHV tag - I guess with the real tag my CR doesn't need one? Even if it does, the $25 won't keep me off those fantastic CO trails:drool

Wade, thanks for the truck offer:hail Depending on how she packs, I may end up needing to take you up on that.

I'll touch base with her this weekend and work out the details, but my guess is we'll stay with one of y'all Friday night, then either Saturday or Sunday (or both) we'll probably stay somewhere up in the mountains. Then if its ok, back to one of your places for Monday night to make it easy to get to the airport Tues morning (she flys out very early tues).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yep, your CR is fine.

Let me know if you need to stay here as soon as you can. I'll make sure I get the place all cleaned up nice.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do and please don't feel like you'd need to clean for me - I'll be very happy not to be in a tent:D I'll try to get the scheduling all sorted on Saturday.

·
5,503 Posts
I didn't know there was an OHV tag - I guess with the real tag my CR doesn't need one? Even if it does, the $25 won't keep me off those fantastic CO trails
The CR has a valid license plate on it, while it might be subject to an equipment ticket if caught on the road, it is legal enough :)

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Keep me posted on your plans/route through southern California. I can either meet you for something to eat on your way south, I work right off the 5/605 split, or I'll make the trip to SD.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool! I'll do that!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ijust got done with oshkosh. Staying with an adv guy tonight then off to the badlands tomorrow. Working from a blackberry so no pics now except fbook mobil uploads.

Ill have some time thursday if anyone wants to ride the blackhills in the am.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Denver now. Pilette is flying in tomorrow. Not sure what we'll be done, but we've got a big list of things we'd like to do - just don't know when/what order.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Josh. There's something two-wheeled and road-legal in my garage. When are you getting in? Want to ride down to SB the 6th or 7th? If that's too early, I could meet you in SB, and ride to SD from there. :O Shoot me text.

-:banana

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...have a safe fun trip guys:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crashtd, txt sent. That probably is a bit early, want to get some dirt riding in here in co before i leave. I want to make it to sd by the 17 at the latest though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts