6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLZone Forums banner

TLZone Forums

Crazyauto87

Help please

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

[IMG alt="Crazyauto87"]https://www.tlzone.net/d1/avatars/m/39/39184.jpg?1594848835[/IMG]
Crazyauto87
Registered

Joined 5 h ago
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 5 h ago
hi I have a 2001 TL1000R.i went to change the air filter and it started dumping gas out of the fuel pump unit.so I changed gasket and fuel pump to be safe.now it won't start.fuel pump turns on and primes but no kick over.i did the dealer mode thing but it trips the c00 code.there is fuel coming through the lines and it will start when I put gas directly into the throttle but but than dies almost immediately. Does anyone have any idea whats up..and it ran 100 percent perfect a couple days ago..so I'm lost it makes no sense.please help if anyone knows how.thx

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
hi I have a 2001 TL1000R.i went to change the air filter and it started dumping gas out of the fuel pump unit.so I changed gasket and fuel pump to be safe.now it won't start.fuel pump turns on and primes but no kick over.i did the dealer mode thing but it trips the c00 code.there is fuel coming through the lines and it will start when I put gas directly into the throttle but than dies almost immediately. .....
Welcome to the forum Crazyauto87! 👍

When you changed the fuel pump, did you also change the fuel filter?

If you have the external fuel filter mod installed, it's possible that one of the internal fuel lines disconnected from the pump.

If there is fuel coming through the lines, does that mean you did the fuel volume test?
Is it pumping 30 ml of fuel through the return line during the prime cycle?

Was the LCD window showing the "FI" code indicator, or did you just check for codes as a matter of course? Once the key is turned off, the code goes away until it is regenerated. It must be read without turning the key off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It lit up FI light.but read c00 .and funny thing I checked the pressure and full blast pumping fuel through the return in the wrong direction..I might have wired the pump backwards if that possible.atleast I hope.im lost without my bike............I removed the pump and rewired it.i hooked it up and checked it out...it appears to be working properly now.i put it back in the tank...I'll know if I fixed it tomarow.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
.......and funny thing I checked the pressure and full blast pumping fuel through the return in the wrong direction..I might have wired the pump backwards if that possible.atleast I hope.im lost without my bike............I removed the pump and rewired it. i hooked it up and checked it out...it appears to be working properly now......
Given the way the fuel pump plate is constructed, I don't see how that could happen. :oops:
Even if the pump could pump fuel in the opposite direction, there is no output on the pump that can direct the pressure into the fuel line. It would merely pull fuel from the fuel rail and pump it into the tank's reservoir.

However, if indeed it was actually pumping fuel in the wrong direction, then no doubt, that was the problem. The fuel pressure regulator would have acted as a one-way valve, so the fuel line and injectors were never really pressurized.

This will be a first. :alien:
:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm about to. Find out moment of truth.i will definitely let u know.so future TL owners can know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its fixed.so everyone knows don't wire the fuel pump backwards.so far so good works great.hopefully it stays that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts