TLZone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I was just here two weeks ago with an FI code / no start issue. I didn’t get a chance to put in dealer mode, and then the code didn’t come back up. Spark plugs were changed, took it out once since no problem. Now it’s not starting. I killed the battery Friday, do got a new battery yesterday and a battery charger. I got the new battery fully charged, tried to start it 2-3 times , ten second cranking, but no start, I hear the fuel pump. What should i look at next before I tow it to the dealer?

I just bought the bike a month a go,14 miles and immaculate. I have a feeling it was sold bc they couldn’t find the problem :( . I blew the rear tire last week and just invested in two tires. If not, I’d probably sell it at this point.

Where do I look at next? Can’t start so no idea if it would give me a code.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
How did the original plugs look when you pull them out? Wet? Oily?
In any case, given your symptoms, you should check the fuel flow delivery as outlined on page 4-51 in the manual. It is possible that the pump will run, but it cannot deliver enough pressure to open the regulator. This results in difficult starting and poor performance.

If it has been sitting for a long while, rust in the tank or clogged injectors can also be a problem area. If the fuel delivery system appears to be in good shape, then we can look at a few things in the ignition circuit.

Let us know what you find please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts