TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everbody.

I call it luck, but it seems I have to improve my garage skills this winter ;) I rent a garage a few km from my house where my loved TLS spends the winter months here up north. So now there is snow everywhere and I cant bike anymore for until may.

I was in a hurry and had to get the bike to the garage before I had to get to the airport for the Chicago flight as mentioned earlier.

The bike startet and I rolled slowly 20 meters from the normal parking spot when it just..stopped. I tried to fire it up again, messed with the chock(?), and finally it fired up again. Drove another 50 meters and "bam" stopped again. No power. So there I was in the middle of the E6 with a broken TLS. I pushed it to the nearest exit and tried to get it fired up again, and again and again. The result was a flat battery. Called a friend who came with his car so that we got power again. After a few minutes it starts again and I try to drive off again, but NO. As soon as I try to go, it stops. Seems like it couldnt accept the resistance in the engine. No torque,

When I try to fire it up it wont ignite. It only goes round and round. No sign of firing. No codes in the display, or do I have to do something to get it to show?

I had to drive it to the garage after I came back in the back of my car.

What do you guys think this could be? Spark plugs? I will check this next week, but if you have ever experienced something similiar, please tell me..;) All help is higly appreciated. :O

Hopefully it will be fixed until may ;) So bear with me with all my posts from now on ;):devious

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
You did put it in dealer mode to check for error codes?

Check the kickstand switch, check the wiring plugs, check the starter switch...

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
How old is the battery?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It definitely sounds like one of the bike's kill switches is being engaged. The fact that you can get it running, then it just cuts out suddenly rules out a battery issue, because once it's started, the battery is not a factor. As stated before, the foot switch would be my first look. I actually bypassed my foot switch just to avoid this potential problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts