TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I own 1999TLS and I need to respray the whole bike. Last week I was in Belgium and had a crash "details posted in open forum".

Would any of you know a good place where I can get the respray job done and ofcourse decent price aswell. I live in London but I can get the panels, tank etc to wherever the price is good. I have called a few people and they are slapping me with £700 - £1000. I cant afford that kind of price. I would be greatful if any of you could point me in the right direction.

Model - TL1000SX
Factory code - YOW
Factory colour - Candy Koran Orange
Bike paint top - 4760
Bike paint base - 1760

Many Thanks
H:)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Candy paint is a total **** to match up so your going down the right road by doing the whole bike allthough candy is allso very time consuming hence the big numbers on the prices :(

·
Registered
426 Posts
cikko said:
Yeah H... I forgot to mention...... black is the new black!

:D
Ouch, haa

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Top panels are £125 each from suzuki, get a tank off ebay for £50-100 side panels shouldn't be too hard to get, job done :thumb up

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
My TLS has a similar candy colour in yellow. Crashed it last year, thus the experience :)
1) impossible to repaint partially (as example one side of tank). Absolutely impossible!
2) Repainting of whole parts (front fairing as example) is possible, but still VERY difficult to match. Even if you get original paint from Suzuki!

Conclusion: If you repaint the whole bike, think twice about this candy colour.

Good luck!

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
cikko said:
Yeah H... I forgot to mention...... black is the new black!

:D
:stupid:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Keep your eye on e-bay for a while, most of the panels come up regularly and that is probably the easiest way out for you :)

Unless you want a non-standard colour scheme of course :devious :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys,

I am going to respray the whole bike. Its got be Candy orange as I love that colour.

Spudgun - Once I get the panels sorted, I will give you a shout. Cheers buddy. How much roughly am I looking at? Whole bike with skidmarx bellypan plus the std decals.

Many Thanks
H

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Its about time you joined the swindon posse for a blast as well aint it spud?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Depends on the state of the panels, ie the amount of prep time (the costly bit)
Are you supplying the decals? Why not be different and design your own? i have a vinyl cutter that i use for airbrushing, so i could paint them on too!

You're probably looking at the best part of £500 to be honest, but can't really say untill i see the panels

Ref the blast, it is about time - just been really busy lately, had a few things to paint - funnily enough!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The panles arent broken but has a few scratches.

Cheers guys,

Once I get the panles and cash sorted, I will give you a shout. Where about are you?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Freddie crooger (sp?) screeching his hands down the panels.....

screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!!!!

Now that's what he means by a few scratches??

:p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cikko said:
Freddie crooger (sp?) screeching his hands down the panels.....

screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!!!!

Now that's what he means by a few scratches??

:p
Cikko - you are a cikko:laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts