TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok .. So my S with an R motor project is stressing me out. Runs like crap, back fires won't keep an idle.. I've synched the tps checked all vacuum lines, cleaned the air filter.. I'm doing the spark plugs and gas filters on Monday when I get back.. Any other ideas? It will not idle without stalling and when I'm on the gas it backfires.. THe choke doesn't make a difference almost like it doesn't work..

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
sounds like a vacuum leak

check the hoses are on the right places . there are no uncapped openings to the throttle bodies and the throttle boddies are properly seated .

get it running and spray some WD40 around and listen for changes in revs. sometimes thins picks up the leak point.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the hoses are on correct. No seen cracks or holes in any of them.. Rear exhaust is on the engine tight.. I can't find any leaks or anything..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can also be caused by lack of fuel and/or pressure. Make sure the pump and pressure reg are OK.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
The choke is a fast idle lever. forget any other ideas of what it does :)

I'd think dirty injectors could be causing the drama then . send them off and get them cleaned
there is a recommended guy listed here somewhere
do a search . always worth doing anyway and check the flow from the pump it may have a dirty filter but it should idle at least with that.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
have you rebiult - cam timing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts