TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably made a mistake. I change my factory exhaust to a full D&D I bought off ebay. I started up the bike to test it and I realize its to loud but i could get use to it then I notice smoke like from the front bottom of the bike. I try to look for the source of the problem without taking of the fairings but nothing, it's also backfiring like crazy and stumble a little bit when giving it throtle up to 6-7000rpm. I painted the pipes with high heat paint before putting them on and while the pipes were off I did not see any oil leaks. Would a leak in the system cause it to backfire ? and would the paint cause it to smoke ?

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
The paint will bake on and it will smoke for awhile. Backfiring, well Id say a repack is in order. You might as well plan on that with any used exhaust.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should'nt be nervous about the smoke its normal ? About the repacking of the exhaust you are probably right because the system I got is the old one with little metal plate on top end of the exhaust that says Forth worth Texas somsthing something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts