TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've notice lately that the battery has been draining, so I took it out a few times and put it on the trickle charger. Yesterday on the way back from work I pulled on my street and the bike turned off for a split second, but because I was in 2nd gear (decel) the bike fired back up.

The next morning I went to start it up: turned the key and there was nothing. No power at all, nuetral light didn't come on or anything. There is just no power going to anything.:dowhat :dowhat :O

Help, what the hell is it? Is the ignition fried or something?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Check the battery for starters also look for blown fuses and loose battery cable connections.

good luck

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
As BP said, it's a long & methodical procedure...... check all connections - battery, fusses, the connectors inside the RH fairing where the handlebar switches and ignition switch connect up to the main loom, and generally work your way around the loom.

Sorry, but there's no quick fix, just methodical work :dowhat :)

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Two areas where corrosion seems to be common and that can cause this problem are the white connector inside the RH fairing as moose mentions and the 4 wire connector just above the battery and under a green cover.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the white connector inside the fairing? Which one? I've also been riding around w/o fairings for about 1 month now.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Check here (starter relay contacts & 30a main fuse)

And the white one is here, but check them all.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
:stupid Yep, those are the ones, Steve. I checked both on my bike just because so many others were having problems. Sure enough, they both had corrosion inside. A little clean up and some dielectric grease and they were good to go. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
be sure the battery terminals aren't grounding on anything as well. Mine would shut off occasionally, until I noted the positive lead was contacting the frame when I'd turn a certain way or hit a bump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts