21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
😂

What's a TL if you can't throw money at it? 😁
Do you have a partner and do you tell her the same thing =D

Loki, Ricky, Tony, SNOWY, wilf...

I feel like it's the old forum... I'm starting to tear up a bit...
Maybe you like to know that TLDV8 has recently surfaced on the german forum..

Got to say I’m not really sold on this new ‘interior’. Just not the same, feels like it’s hijacked. Luckily the planet hasn’t been tore up the same way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much do you weigh? And what settings are you running on the stock setup?
You might be able to improve the rear feel without spending a cent, and it'll tide you over till you get a better shock.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
This is a very good point. From my own experience of piling on the lard then losing it again it is very noticeable how much it affects the handling. A notch on the preload after a few Xmas meals can make quite a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just out of curiosity, how much do you weigh? And what settings are you running on the stock setup?
You might be able to improve the rear feel without spending a cent, and it'll tide you over till you get a better shock.
Hi im 82 kg 5.8 long and are running on standerd settings as per factory setup, do you have detail on another setting more in my load spec

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,699 Posts
Hi im 82 kg 5.8 long and are running on standerd settings as per factory setup, do you have detail on another setting more in my load spec
It's very difficult to recommend damping settings - especially on a damping unit that is questionable to begin with. However, the owner's manual devotes four pages to suspension adjustment. It may be worth your effort to experiment with the settings to see if the performance can be improved.

I grabbed the screenshot below from manualslib.com.
Rear Suspension - Suzuki TL1000S Owner's Manual [Page 30]

Black Communication Device Font Screenshot Software

Normally, Steve has all the manuals available on his site at wotid.com, but I couldn't get access to it today for some reason.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts