• No I'm not

Votes: 67 68.4%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you bike brand loyal?

(I'm not, even though my last 3 road bikes have been Suzuki's)

·
Retired Admin
1,766 Posts
I've always been fiercely brand loyal when it came to cars. However, for some reason I've never been with bikes. Cool bike=Cool bike, no matter who made it. Now I find my brand loyalty to cars is starting to soften as well.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Nope... whatever I like every time...
To be honest, I always have disliked Suzukis before TLS :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Not in the least:lol

Now there's 2.75 suzuki's at my place, 2 hondas and 3 kawasaki's (not all mine). I've owned 4 yamaha's in the past as well (and a bunch more honda's and kawasaki's). In the past I never really liked suzuki's MX bikes and their build quality does kinda suck compared to some, but they make stuff no one else does (TL's, DR350's etc).

Not at all brand loyal for cages either, they all suck :) I've owned, but never drove two GM products, first cage I really drove was a toyota pickup and it rocked:thumbup Currently have a ford pickup and its pretty decent. Much bigger and more comfy than the yota, about the same fuel economy, can tow a lot more, but not nearly as fun to drive or as good off road. Build quality and reliability isn't quite like a yota either.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Currently YES, the last 3 bikes were Suzukis... lately though I've been looking in other shops windows so who knows what will be in the garage next. The only thing I'm sure of is whatever I get will be sitting next to the TL in the garage, it stays.

G

·
nope, although i'm still riding on a TLS engined bike...

i just buy whatever i like, is cheap, and is cool :)

(i can imagine if you have a good relation with your dealer, you'd be more loyal to that brand, but when you're doing all the maintenance yourself, it doesn't really matter that much)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I like lot of motorcycle brands....well, I'm not a special fan of Kawa and Honda´s has not character for me....

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nope, however my last few bikes were Suzukis. If I were to buy a cruiser right now it would probably be an M109 just becuase I like it better than the rest, not because it is a Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I used to think I was...Suzuki all the way. Then I realized I really wasn't. For instance, I've now got 4 Hondas. How the hell did that happen?:banghead I love their 4 stroke dirt bikes, but not super fond of their sportbikes. But like Wreckah said, I'll buy what's the best deal and live with it or buy what looks or sounds cool to me at the time....bikes are toys for me, nothing more.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i've only ever had 4 bikes!! (not counting the DT175 i had at 14yrs old - it had no engine numbers and i bought it for £35!! it had no front brake either......:dowhat)

all Suzukis somehow. A GS550, GSF600, GSXR1100, TL1000R.

they feel familliar and i'm comfy fiddling with them - always the same wiring colours etc!!

i think i could be loyal on the evidence of it, but i do like other bikes a lot too - SP-1, Raptor, RSV. i'd have any of those. i think i'm V2 loyal!!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I am as brand loyal as I need to be. I have owned Suzuki/Kawasaki/Honda/Yamaha/Cagiva/KTM and a chinese pocket bike. So, no I am not particularly loyal either.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Nope, I buy whatever works for me. In '98, I wanted a sport twin, Suzuki made a better one than Honda and Duc was out of the question. Now I want a fast comfy nice looking "standard" bike with a fairing - the FZ-1 has most power and looks cool (after dumping the cartoonish stock exhaust pipe) and it is in my price range, so score 1 for Yamaha :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
What cagiva did ya have doug? Sounds interesting:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like suzuki the best.

That being said. I've got two suzukis that run. Three hondas I'm putting together. A yamaha (kids bike), and a Suzuki with a Yamaha engine!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
The only brand I haven't owned is Yamaha. I've had 2 Kaws, 1 Zuk, 2 Hondas, and 1 Buell. I really like Zuks but when I bought the ZX10 it really came down to price. For some reason the insurance on Suzuki's was higher also :dunno.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Considering there are MANY other brands out there!!! I guess I should say the only Japanese (I think) brand I haven't owned is Yamaha. Whatever!!! You get the idea :lol

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
the only one of the BIG 4!! :laugh

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
There's the option "I don't know" missing.
The TL is just my 2nd bike. First bike was a 125cc by law, I can't count that one. It was a Yamaha, though.

I think I would continue with Suzuki. But that's more because I'm very satisfied with my Suzuki mechanic.

Greetings
Rufer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts