TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have a new problem. This morning I started my bike and went to work. After I finished i got on the bike and turned it on. The lights came on. But when i pressed the starter nothing. No sound of the bike cranking or anything. so I tried it a few times and then it started. I tought nothing of it at first. But as i was riding back home after abt 50 miles the bike just dies on me on the freeway. It was odd. It was sitll on but it had no throtle response. it was like it was in neutral ideling away...but it was in the 6th gear !!! I tried to give it gas and no response at all it was just ideling. so i pulled over and turned it off. After 2 min i turned the bike on and everything was fine. So i rode back home as fast as I could. I have no idea what went wrong. I am sure it is come back to bite me though.. any ideas guys. have any of you had this problem ?? Any help would be great.
Thank you
I have a 1998 Tl100R

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Only guessing but it sounds like a bad connection on the wireing somewhere. Check out all the connector blocks for corrosion, TL's are well known for this. I wouldn't have thought it was anything major as you said it runs ok when working. Hope you get it sorted out:thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou Chuck and paul... that is really helpful... will try it this weekend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts