TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday I managed to coerce Muzza (bigred ) over to my place to move furniture under the auspices of helping him with his CCC kit.

I had the mill set up to cut my clutch cover and it was just a few minutes work to cut his.

along the way I got energetic with the lathe and machined the pressure plate and muz discovered the marvel of a bench buff and spent at least an hour preparing his heel guard for polishing :laugh

the cover up in the mill, note the obligatory bit of bog :doh

The machined pressure plate, this one is for me. its been on the buff too:devious

On the bike

and the CCC in place

Muzza with the heelguard

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
nice woik stu !! very handy method of using the tree to mount the cover on the table,good to see a machinist with practical common sense !! you know most machinists are so feakin' anal they would only wring their hands and worry how far out the case would be, screwed to a piece of wood,but to know when it doesn't have to be perfect is what makes guys like you an me brilliant !!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I was wondering if Red got his ccc on, asked me , but we were talking about 2 diff ccc. good to see...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
oh yeah,the reason it really struck me (the log face plate) is i used the same method to repair an xr75 ign. cover just last week !!(i was only drilling holes)..when we cut the heads off the big husky and stihl chainsaws in order to make a billit head and do the squish,i chuck up a piece of hardwood in the lathe,secure it with a draw-bar thru the headstock,turn the wood for a press fit in the bore,shove the cylinder on with the tailstock,and make chips !!

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reckon on using what works. the first cover I offered up I had marked out on the bench and drilled a 2mm hole in the centre. I then used a drill chuck in the mill with a fine drill to find the hole in the cover. I then changed the drill chuck for the boring head and adjusted it out to the diameter 3.75in.

I had to grind the tool to the shape I used as I went coz the cover is about 5mm thick :banghead.

What I thought would work kept fouling the face of the cover and I had to keep relieving the inside of the tool :doh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts