TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not the original site-I lost most if not all my files before Christmas and my focus right now is to get the 1140 to the dyno. I will be updating and adding more information in the coming days and weeks:) kbsportbike.netBTW I know it off center-trying to fix...K

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Awesome link mate. Would lurrrve to do the full rebuild; but until I get a substantial $$$ windfall it's gonna have to remain in my favourites:banghead.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet :hail

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good job kendal, what kind of hp are you getting out of each kit? You should post up a little more info on them, as far as different setups and what different cams and what not will yeild. As for me, I'm putting my first born up for sale in hopes of getting the 1140 kit lol.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
As for me, I'm putting my first born up for sale in hopes of getting the 1140 kit lol.

I thought that but have opted for a monthly rental scheme instead. That way I keep the asset and when he is older and earning loadsa money he can finance his Dads therapy (the TLS of course):laugh

·
Registered
326 Posts
More Info Please!:drool
The 1140 Kit sound so sweet, I hope my Tax returns are enough to cover it! Well have to see.

Then again, how big is the box it comes in, Can I hide it without my wife noticing:devious

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Good lord! :drool

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think I might sell my car to get this:banghead

That's expensive but its still cheaper then KTM RC8 I was drooling over:drool

K, How much would You charge for install if The engine was brought to Your shop ( 1140 kit ).?

Also, Do You plan to have one bike as a dyno mull to test engines that would be assembled at Your shop ?

Looking forward to see some dyno sheets....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good job kendal, what kind of hp are you getting out of each kit? You should post up a little more info on them, as far as different setups and what different cams and what not will yeild. As for me, I'm putting my first born up for sale in hopes of getting the 1140 kit lol.
1088=145 hp and 90ft lbs-pc,yosh full,12.1 comp
1088 can go to 12.6 comp and of course cams and heads are available too I won't be able to dyno all configurations just gets way too expensive...and I still need to dyno the 1140, that should be the weekend after superbowl-my guess is we'll see 160 hp and mid nineties on torque.K

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:stupid

What's the difference between the "Kit" and the "Superbike Kit"? "Kit" on the website?
The 1088 kit is the basic big bore with cylinders, pistons,rings,pins,gaskets ect. everything needed to convert the motor to 1088cc's.

The superbike kit includes everything above plus adjustable performance cams, rebuilt heads with oversized valves and 52psi fuel pump with regulator and new heavy duty con rods. K

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More Info Please!:drool
The 1140 Kit sound so sweet, I hope my Tax returns are enough to cover it! Well have to see.

Then again, how big is the box it comes in, Can I hide it without my wife noticing:devious
I don't know if you read the original post on this some weeks ago but I stated that zone members receive 10% off, so that may make the difference whether to get one or not.K

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I might sell my car to get this:banghead

That's expensive but its still cheaper then KTM RC8 I was drooling over:drool

K, How much would You charge for install if The engine was brought to Your shop ( 1140 kit ).?

Also, Do You plan to have one bike as a dyno mull to test engines that would be assembled at Your shop ?

Looking forward to see some dyno sheets....
Installation on 1140 is $550.00-bring in your stock mill and leave w/1140 ready to bolt into your chassis.

Actually hadn't thought about a test chassis-good idea thanks however that expense would have to be passed on and take a bit longer to deliver the final product.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
:drool :hail

·
Registered
178 Posts
Man, you sure make that 1140 kit hard to pass up! Wish uncle sam was a little more generous this year. Is there any alternataves to the $800 rods? And by having the 1088 it would be feasiable to convert to the 1140 at a later date right? So with the 1088 kit and 12.6 pistons, would just having adjustable gears work or would you have to have cams? Just trying to do this in steps, my girl would hang me if she found out I dropped $5k on my motor and didn't get her a bike lol. Sweet work and wish you the best of luck with this.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, you sure make that 1140 kit hard to pass up! Wish uncle sam was a little more generous this year. Is there any alternataves to the $800 rods? And by having the 1088 it would be feasiable to convert to the 1140 at a later date right? So with the 1088 kit and 12.6 pistons, would just having adjustable gears work or would you have to have cams? Just trying to do this in steps, my girl would hang me if she found out I dropped $5k on my motor and didn't get her a bike lol. Sweet work and wish you the best of luck with this.
Thanks Matt, the rods are necessary due to the increase in rod angle, you can do the crank at a later date sure or any other mod for that matter-start with the basic 1088 and go from there...K

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good Morning K,
With the 1140 kit, would the stock cams, fuel pump be sufficient to safely operate the mill?
Since there will be superbike 1140 kit also, which one is going to the dyno ?
Last, is the spacer that You mention for 1140 is that to raise the jugs to get the cc ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good Morning K,
With the 1140 kit, would the stock cams, fuel pump be sufficient to safely operate the mill?
Since there will be superbike 1140 kit also, which one is going to the dyno ?
Last, is the spacer that You mention for 1140 is that to raise the jugs to get the cc ?
Stock cams and pump work fine the pump gives max atomization and a little more flow. A power commander can handle the extra fuel needed. The superbike kit will go to the dyno but I will probably do a cam change and test with stock cams however heads will have oversized valves installed but all in all we should get a pretty good number to go by. Yes the spacer is to raise the cylinder block in effect making it longer for the +2mm stroke otherwise the piston would come up and hit the head, if you turn the engine over manually the piston will protrude and rise above the cylinder 2mm. Just a side note, the cylinder sleeve itself is longer than stock and the piston has a larger skirt to provide stability. K

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Nice,putting some pennys away for this.Awsome work indeed.The dollar kills it at the moment but am sure it will rise soon enough.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts