1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Weird, wonder how reliable that test was. Perhaps the wig was scary looking so they gave a wide birth or perhaps the rider was a bit more agressive with the lid on:O

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
:dowhat

Very interesting indeed! I ride quite allot on a mtb but because it's quite flat here in never use a helmet. Apparantly a good thing :confused

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Ummm, two years in jail for not ringing a bell? What's going on over there? :confused Those of you in the UK need to start an uprising or revolution or something. If you decide to go with a revolution, give us a shout, we've had a bit of experience in that area you know. :lol

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I don't know where they got that shit from, it was in the media over here as well.
Reminds me when I crashed on track (160kph highside): First question in hospital was "did you wear a helmet" :coocoo

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
318 Posts
Study does not apply to American motorists:
Dr Walker said: "Drivers think..."
Besides, if we stay on the trails the trees will protect us. (Or are the trees out to get us too?)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zelig said:
Study does not apply to American motorists:

Besides, if we stay on the trails the trees will protect us. (Or are the trees out to get us too?)
This from someone who just got his first taste of the trails! :) Are we addicted yet? :thumbup

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh, hell yes. :yes

If it's gonna rain Saturday, then I'm going to be REALLY late to work on Friday. Probably dusty, too. :devious

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Dunno if it applies to motorcycles really as I haven't had a car overtake me yet :laugh :coocoo

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
What the heck is happening in the U.K.? First the huge license plates on motorcycles, now they're going to mandate bells on bicycles? Something ain't right.:dowhat

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
realize that in europe, bicycles are like cars to us....everyone uses them to get everywhere.

i never ride my bike (road/tri bike) w/ a helmet, don't even own one. i get alot of flack for it, but honestly someone show me an accident where a helmet that covers 1/4 of my head is going to save my life as the rest of my unprotected body gets throttled around?

now on a motorcycle, always wear a helmet, and i don't understand those that don't

how's that for hypocracy? :O

-:banana

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Aredubu said:
What the heck is happening in the U.K.? First the huge license plates on motorcycles, now they're going to mandate bells on bicycles? Something ain't right.:dowhat
Yep, you know it, we know it and it just keeps getting worse:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Revolt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts