TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How lame of a question is that?

I bought my TLR with relocated rear directionals. Problem is it also has a tail light integrator that is all hacked to **** in there. I cleaned up the wires but only re-did what was there since I am not too sure how it is supposed to go from the factory. Either way, when the directional is on you can BARELY see that it is on in the tail light, and the directional itself is bright but in front of the cans so you cant see them from the rear. I am looking for an LED bulb to replace the factory bulbs with but I don't want it to look like two little circles of LED's behind the lens. Any ideas?

I don't want to spend 200 on a decent under tail either

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I've heard that the LED bulb replacements aren't that great re. brightness. Are you sure you haven't messed up the re-wiring & the bulbs aren't getting enough power or something?

Pics please :) then Steve will be able to help

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just re-wired it the way it was. The side indicators are just soo much brighter, but you cant see them from the rear at all. I'll try to remember to snap some photos when I get up to my shop tonight.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i've got the standard LED bulbs in with a clear lense. at night they seem to light the whole lamp up, but in the day they have the '2 red lights' apperance you said you don't want. personally, i think it looks quite good that way and adds a little to the shape of the lense.

i keep thinking about aftermarket flashers, but none ever seem as good as OEM stuff so i added clear lenses to those too. the bike had flashers in the vents in the tail piece when i got the bike (along with an undertray), but you couldn't see them as you say, so i reverted to stock ones along with the original undertray/guard.

here's what the flashers look like

·
Registered
871 Posts
Get rid of the side directionals and just usethe intergrated tail light.
when i hooked mine up it looked like the entire tail light blinked so i put a divider covered withtin foil between the two filaments and it was like night and day. they worked excelent!

I hope this helps out !:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know in MA to pass inspection your rear directionals need to be at least 9" apart (from center to center). So the intergrated alone is not enough to pass. I have a clear alternatives LED with intergrated directionals and smoked lense- they are just as bright as stock bulbs even in the day time. At night they light up REAL bright- the directional almost looks green at night but looks amber in the day light. The taillight kit came with the flasher speed attachment- so that the LED directionals would blink at the normal rate but if you leave it off they blink faster- I liked the faster blinking, seems a little more noticable. Got the kit off ebay for around $90.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
If it were me I'd relocate the side blinkers so they could be seen rather than try to get the tail light to flash - its really too small to be noticeable to cagers. Even as a rider I often have a hard time making out whats going on with intergrated sigs/tail light on bikes ahead of me. It looks cool parked in the garage but is pretty useless in traffic imho. If you do mostly back road twisties and track days it probably doesn't matter much, but if you ride in traffic a lot you can't beat the stock turn signals - again imho:thumbup

good luck and have fun:banana

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do the stock turn signal mounts look like? The under tray is pretty cut up, and it it did not come with the stockers. I can probably make them work somewhere, I did a gap mod while still keeping the stock undertray so there is still room to mount them.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i did a couple of CF look alikes mounted through the stock undertray that had been shortened to move licence plate up higher let me know if you want a pic...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts