TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I liked +2 on the rear. Can do that on the standard length chain. When it was chain replacement time I went +4 (TLS 17/42)

Add your bike to your profile, makes it easier. TLS or TLR? they run different ratios as standard.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I was running +2 on the rear on my R. I was going to go -1/+2 or -1/+3 on my next chain, but didn't end up doing that. I tried -2/+2 and damn it felt good but wore on the chain guide too much and revved out a tad quickly, so I felt that the above would be ideal.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
17/41 - +2 on the rear here ... man, it feels good. Everything just works better, from the engine all through the rev range to suspension & cornering. Obviously Suzuki put those longs legs on to get the big top end numbers to impress all the anaroks who buy bikes cos of the numbers on the paper :rolleyes

Corners that were too fast for 1st but not puncy enough for second are just perfect in second now :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm currently running 16/42, Speedo's way off and top speed was lost but I don't go through front tire very fast seeing as how it hardly touches the ground now. WHEELIE MACHINE!:devious :devious :devious :devious

·
Registered
217 Posts
whent from original to 17/45 :wheelie
top speed 210 km.

that together with pc111
makes bike run ewen from bottom to topp :rotfl

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
-1/+2 my fav.. and i've tried lots

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you need to recalibrate the speedo for all gear changes and if so,how is it done?:O

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
yes.... speedo healer or yellowbox... google em

·
Registered
392 Posts
17/41 work's great in town and out in the canyons

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the advice.Looks like everyone goes +2 rear will that help with quick take offs for track days

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
go -1 on the front will reduce the life on the swingarm rubber buffer. I went to 16 on mine and the buffer died in just 2000 km

W

·
0 Posts
i always liked +2 on the rear of my TLS too, so 17/40

but now i have 16/40 on the raptor, and that's even better :yes :yes much quicker response in all gears, and easier slow traffic too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts