TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reattach the mounting brackets to the radiators. I just tried JB Weld and after letting it reach full temp. the left side let go and with a little pressure and full temp. the right let go also. I was hoping for a better result with JB Weld as I have heard other success stories with, not fixing radiators but many other things. I figure it was the heat because it let go within itself, not at the contacting areas. It still has JB at the bracket and on the radiator. I could tig it or I am thinking to rivet it for ease. Lookin for ideas of what has already been done and still is holding. Any high temp JB??:)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I know folks have repaired those tabs in the past. I don't remember who I sent my tabs to but they fixed their rad with them. Sorry, all I know is it's possible, just don't know how.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There are some good radiator shops that will do it for you. Weld them back on for you. However most automotive shops don't want to touch motorcycle radiators - at least the ones in my area. You may try going to a local welder instead; guys that do nothing but welding will have more expertise working with aluminum that is relatively thin.

FWIW if you end up with leaks in that thing there is a shop in So Cali that specializes in repairing motorcycle radiators. That's Fontana Radiator & they are at (909) 822-8737. They'll take radiators that are shipped to them, repair them & ship them back out via UPS. I have used them a couple of times with very good results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts