TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting out on the path of dimminishing returns. Money is tight (or is it me?), and I would like to know the most cost effective upgrades you have made?
I will srart things of with mine,

Detuned TLS to TLR engine 98 bhp to 108 for £300 plus fitting = £30 / bhp or
= $47/bhp (US or Australian)

Can you beat that?

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
i'd try if I understood what you said :confused

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
98bhp tls? would that be a french import?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a tls engine detuned for a Cagiva Navigator. The detuning was in the changing of the cam profile I believe.
To clarify: What is the most cost effective upgrade in terms of bhp achieved for the minimum amount of money spent

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It's a tls engine detuned for a Cagiva Navigator. The detuning was in the changing of the cam profile I believe.
To clarify: What is the most cost effective upgrade in terms of bhp achieved for the minimum amount of money spent
can of redbull gives you wings lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep it sure did make a difference! , but what's next. My target is 137 RWBHP. At the recent
UK dyno day I saw it reported that Martyn made 159 RWBHP, how?
Anyway what upgrade gave you the best bhp increase.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The dyno day was last month & the 159rwbhp was on a 10 plate fireblade. My 1040 motor with kent cams, hi compression JE pistos, squish set, full yosh rs3 system, airbox mod & pcIII with custom map does 136rwbhp on a Dynojet dyno. I'll let you do the maths

Give me your motor + £2K & you can have my race motor;) That'll give you another 28rwbhp + 8 or 9lb/ft of torque that's £71/rwbhp:eek:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
The recent one in the Midlands (UK) in May. I realise I have assumed it was a TL as it was organised as a TL group dyno day but other bikes were there to.Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend. Link below.
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php/80-Dyno-Day?highlight=Martyn
I wondered if you meant ours or another dyno day.? where are you located then?

The dyno day was last month & the 159rwbhp was on a 10 plate fireblade. :

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I stand corrected on the date. I am located in West Yorkshire. Thanks for the offer Stu, you are the first to give an upgrade option. Are you going to the Mallory track day?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts