112 Posts
Tlstackers Work very well.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
don`t install them untill you match the thread pitch . I bought the same ones for my S .They must have a 1.25 pitch ,the ones I got were 1.50 pitch, Also the bolts are too long. I went to pacific bolt and bought the right ones ,abought $8.00. T.L.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just a little "aside" on sliders...

I saw a guy come off a week old speed 4:banghead, poor bugger. One of the sliders dug in on a rough patch, and flipped the bike. When we looked at it, the attatchment points for the sliders (engine mount? through frame) had all but torn out on one side, and bent/****ed the frame on the other. Those sliders turned what would've been bad gravel rash on one side, to a bike totalled on BOTH sides, and written off. We were racing so I dunno if the poor bugger had insureance - its real hard to get now, thanx to the track day cowboys.... I've been put off by that, tho they'd be really good for low/medium speed '****Ilostthearsend' type situations...:laugh.

At the mo my answer is to spend good money on better tyres...:dowhat:laugh:laugh

Just wondered, could you 'nick' the bolts with a dremmel so they snap if they dig in; bit like what I've done with my brake and clutch levers, so I can still ride home...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what would be the safest points to mount sliders then ?

Also I've never heard of nicking the bolt....but its a great idea for sure lad

pls inform

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I've always drilled my clutch and brake levers, so they leave enough lever behind to continue riding, if you snap them. It works, I know:banghead:laugh.

Just an aside from the aside, where can I check out your music Brit G, got a few mates in bands, and used to front a mates band to sing a few Doors covers myself, back in the 'day...':) Had to give up bikes for a few years during my Jim Morrison "phase" - didn't really mix with the coordination needed to ride succesfully:dowhat:laugh.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've always drilled my clutch and brake levers, so they leave enough lever behind to continue riding, if you snap them. It works, I know:banghead:laugh.

Just an aside from the aside, where can I check out your music Brit G, got a few mates in bands, and used to front a mates band to sing a few Doors covers myself, back in the 'day...':) Had to give up bikes for a few years during my Jim Morrison "phase" - didn't really mix with the coordination needed to ride succesfully:dowhat:laugh.
band is here lad

www.myspace.com/majortomroxx

i'm the singer guitar player

·
Registered
252 Posts
look for the no cut t-rex sliders on ebay around $80. they worked great on my buddies 929 and i got to see them in action 1st hand lol. i know the group buy ones have "better brackets" from what the seller said but the price is crazy high for sliders. you can get an entire stunt cage for the price. btw i noticed TL sliders barely stick out that far, all of em. it'd be worth it if the guy who had the group buy sliders made them maybe an 1" longer. id buy some off him.

TLJimmy i think sliders are more meant for bikes tipping over on its side, not low speed crashes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts