TLZone Forums banner

Been awhile... got the itch again.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rider414 
#1 ·
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've posted/visited. Still have my trusty TLS. I was seriously considering selling her to go back to an older air/oil cooled Ducati for a major custom project but then reconsidered. Now I am set on just modding my TL some more.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

I've Ohlins front/rear, a full Ti exhaust, carbon/kevlar bits and bobs, billet Brembo stoppers, Marchesini wheels, hydraulic clutch, etc. I am thinking of getting a carbon/kevlar body out of Germany, and am looking for a SSSA solution now that Metmachex is no longer an option. I was also thinking of modifying my Graves clutch cover to add a lexan viewing port. Any leads on quality SSSAs these days?

See less See more
#3 ·
Before posting I searched the forums and saw several posts from Sam; one in which he was selling his Metmachex SA and Ohlins shock, and another in which he fabbed a SSSA from a different marque, Triumph, I believe. I may send him a PM if he does not see this post.

Recently I came across two fabricators in the US:

The second one is for a fat tire, apparently, not what I am looking for per se, but perhaps they can fab one. I do not know if either is a reputable fabricator, however. I will say the tubular 'look' matches the TLS frame nicely. I'd like to know more about weight, rigidity, etc. I would not want a performance drop just for the sake of a look.

In Europe, Bakker seems to offer SSSAs: Bakker Framebouw and I may reach out to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.