TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just got a battery less than a year ago, and the thing is starting to run a little low, because I've noticed that the bike is running like crap down low, running really rough and missing n stuff between 2000 & 4000 on partial throttle. What's up with that?!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would first check to see that the regulater/rectifier is allowing the charging system to charge. Also check the water level in the battery. While you're in there , check the connections on the battery and the starter relay.
If you find the regulater/rectifier to be faulty , I recommend the aftermarket regulater/rectifier from ElectroSport. I just installed one on mine and it allows the charging system to charge at all RPM's and not just at idle , like the OEM one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also worth checking is the throttle body balance and TPS, it can really make the bike run like a dog if they are out of whack. not sure about the battery though, my battery gets pretty weak if i do too many short trips (<10min).

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I highly recommend keeping the TLS on a trickle charger/Battery Tender. Definitely well worth the investment. Hard wire the quick release connector the Battery Tender comes with to your battery & plug it in when your bike is sitting in the garage. Sulfation is not a good thing & if you don't ride your bike regularly it will happen & will shorten the life of your battery. My Battery Tender went belly up a couple of months ago after several years of hard work. The first bike to die on me & leave me stranded was my TLS. Since it was plugged into my Battery Tender fairly regularly I figured out pretty quickly the trickle charger wasn't working right. It was replaced under warrenty. The TL's really don't like running well on even a slightly discharged battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts