TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3.5 years and 22k miles my battery finally crapped out. Oh well, Got a new one at batteries plus of all places and im runnin again!, WOOHOO!:hail

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jason,
Mine died on me a couple of weeks ago after at least 5 years. Not sure what lines are available in the States, but I was impressed with the fact that the Yuasa lasted so long, I went and bought the same brand. Expensive, but good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
still got my original in after 8 1/2 years and 51.000 miles, incredible seeing as some of my mates seem to be buying new batteries every year,:hail

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I need a trickle charger for the winter.

Are those cheap plug into the walls ok?
I use one of these and has been excellant. Just plug in and forget about it. Comes with a extention cable so there is no need to keep connecting directly to battery all time. I leave my lead inside of the fairing so it is easy to plug in.
http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/products_id/1718
This one is on offer at moment
http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/cPath/23_24_25_53/products_id/1711

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I have the stock one since 98... just need to charge one time.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
been through 3... on the 4th. all my fault killing though...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone know of a really good battery brand. Do they make a dry cell optima style?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '03 TLR had 1500 miles on it when the battery crapped out. That's because the previous owner let it sit in his garage mostly unridden for 3 years! He replaced the battery to sell it to me. Ha!!
My comments contribute exactly nothing to this thread - just thought it was amusing... :)

G

·
Yausa is good, but waaaaay to expensive.

I can buy 4 - 5 of a cheaper brand, and there is no guarantee that a Yausa will last significanly longer.
I had an Yausa previously, and it only lasted 3 years, now I rather buy a new each year, still cheaper...
Tenderising over the winter these cheaper ones last 2-3 years anyway. So, I cant justify an Yausa. :no

For Swedes, it's Biltema gel battery, 30 euro, or so ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts