TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike with a hole in the left side plastics where the battery cover is supposed to be. I am going to plastic weld the tabs back on but I need to purchase a cover and I cant seem to find one from a 2000 TLR. The 2001 TLR looks to be the same color scheme, mostly yellow. Do you guys know if the 2001 battery cover has decals on it? I found a 2001 cover for sale for 45 plus shipping on ebay buy it now and I'd like to buy it if it is all yellow like on the 2000. Otherwise, any idea where I can get one besides ebay? I have been searching on google and looks like the best bet is going to be ebay

This is what mine looks like:

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Order one up from www.ronayers.com

They are cheaper than you think. I was looking for one on ebay and to buy one new with stickers was about $5 cheaper than the cheapest one I could find on ebay.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Just checked for you, brand new with sticker is $28.77 plus shipping.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
28.77? That is the website I have loaded, I am having a hard time finding them. Well, I found them, but I dont know which one as it looks like there are 3 different options?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
The 2000 yellow doesn't have a sicker on it. I had an 03 fairing with a 00 battery cover. The color didn't match perfectly, but you had to look really hard to notice. The yellows are different shades, but not so much that it's noticeable by just looking at the bike.

·
Registered
292 Posts
what's the difference between part 17 and part 19? Is on with decals and one without?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what's the difference between part 17 and part 19? Is on with decals and one without?
I think so, I haven't figured it out yet but that's what I'm leaning towards :O

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I call and ask for an all yellow battery cover, will the know what I'm talking about? I still can't seem to find one on the site, so I think I am going to call and order everything I need over the phone tomorrow.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I called Pro Source Suzuki since their prices seem to be the best I could find and talked to a guy named Joe over the phone. He helped me find everything I need, so hopefully it should all be here sometime next week since they are only a state away. Thank again for the help guys, I'm a real tard when it comes to finding stuff on the net. I ended up ordering a fuel gasket, fuel filter, oil filter, and a new plastic battery cover thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts