TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the UK got a set of battered and beaten aftermarket oval end ends they don't want?

I have a set of oval carbon cans and the end plates, the ones that bolt up to the pipes with 4 bolts, are totally shagged so I am looking for a "near freebee" to try and muck about with them to see if I can cut them down and make a semi decent pair of cans.

To buy a new set of end plates is not worth the effort as I might totally f**k it up or even hate them when finished.

Most of the ovals I have see appear to be of a similar size so it does not really matter from where they come as long as the end plates, fixing bolts and retaining straps are in a useable condition.

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cans I have are Arrow and they want £75 per end plate............................

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Mmmmmmm Arrow carbon ovals.....very nice bits of kit. Not helped that they're not made/sold any more!!

Mine did split around the base plate fixings and were replaced under warranty by B and C Express. (Talking summer 2000 though)

I'd be tempted to ring around breakers and try to find some scrapped gsxr end cans. I reckon its a generic 4 bolt Suzuki fitting.

Just found this firm via google:
Makers of exhaust systems: http://www.mtcexhausts.co.uk/index.htm

Suppliers of exhaust system components : http://www.motorcyclewebsite.com/home/a0_P/a0_PJ/i1404_PJ_Engineering

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Ted.............. I've got some gash ones that were destined for the scrappie this week :O

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:banghead Just re-read, you want Oval & these are round........... sorry :banghead

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Are Renegade in business still?

They might be able to sell you some end plates? Or what make are the cans you have. Will they sell you a pair of plates? Its only pressed sheet at the end of the day...cant be that dear? ? ? ?

I need a new sleeve for my renegades. phoned Jorge and he told me he'd shut down at brands hatch and moved the business to portugal, be facked if i'm riding there just for a sleeve:banghead
might have to take em apart soon and send my knackered one to him to copy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts