TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to have a vibration on the handles if you changed the bar ends. Used to the standard barends but changed it with nice aluminium ones. Much lighter but doesn't seem to be a good idea:confused
Is this normal?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
That's exactly why the stock ones are weighted.

I think there's some stuff you can get to fill your bars with that will reduce the vibration.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Some folks say they don't notice a difference with light weight bar ends. I did and went back to stockers:thumbup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do a modification over the weekend to get some weight back on the bars and see how she feels afterwards. Thanks guys!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Just be careful of what you put in the bars. Some folks have found success with that expanding foam you can buy at the hardware store, only to find out it corrodes the inside of the bars down the line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The idea is to mill out a piece of the new bar ends. Then take the standard ones and mill of a piece of the outer so that it fits into the new ones. By doing this I will get weight back without too much extra lenght on the bar. If that doesn't settle the problem I will look at something inside the bar.
What do you think about that Gixxerjason?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts