TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good - cheapest source for these springs? I just got Vandrivers retainers so I tought while i'm in there I'd change to the better springs.......... :devious

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Cheapest I found back in the day was Dennis Kirk, I want to say they were only like $18 or something....that was a long time ago though.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I think I paid about 10 bucks for mine...not like yer gonna save much by shopping around.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Believe t or not, I just found the reciept from my purchase 4 years ago...$11 bucks from my local dealer.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Believe t or not, I just found the reciept from my purchase 4 years ago...$11 bucks from my local dealer.
You've got issues. :coocoo

:laugh

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after a few PM's, i've been told the Barrnett's are a bit stiff and that the stockers are the way to go, so thanx for the imput, but it looks like i'm gonna stay where I am!!!!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
they are a bit stiff, they'll also prolong the life of your stock plates. I had them in my 600 and stock plates still at 42k miles, friends oem went out at 30.

if you want a light pull clutch, don't get them...but hell, who shifts the Tl's much anyway?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
after a few PM's, i've been told the Barrnett's are a bit stiff and that the stockers are the way to go, so thanx for the imput, but it looks like i'm gonna stay where I am!!!!

My 9yo son could pull the clutch in on my TLS. He couldn't pull the one on an XR80 sitting here.

If everything is lubed up and adjusted properly they're not that heavy. After replacing the camset, metal and fiber plates, actuator, aftermarket springs, it was only the Barnett's that cured my slippage issues. Should have bputh them 1st :banghead (but the aftermarket ones I bought first were crap, but I didn't realise at first).

Stiffness isn't a reason to not use them :no

1 - 10 of 10 Posts