TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I have an engine that I bought, its still on the bike, there is no tank so no fuel, no computer, most everything else seems to be there, I will included some pics of that it looks like right now

I would like to get this thing running if possible, not permanently just what do I need to fire it up?? thanks for the help

Also if there is any other information you may need I will do my best to provide it just ask,

Also not to be too greedy but if anyone has pics or if you can help me identify what I have in the pics provided that would be great

The over all idea is to make a little rock crawler and rather than go buy a heavy toyota engine or something, I am thinking this could be the power plant, link it all to a transfer case, suzuki or toyota re geared axles, real low blah blah

Anyway I might as well use the stuff I have to make this thing, its gonna be small, probably right around 1000 lbs or less, hopefully, axles and tire will be heavy, but I think its do able, full tube chassis etc

Thanks
Dustin

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
you will need the computer and the wiring harness, throttle bodies and all the ignition...

ok you have the throttle bodies.....now you need the electronics.... im sure there is a way to fire it without, but the ecu controls the firing and fuel...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks
I assume ecu is the same as the computer?? Just making sure that when I am looking around I can look at both and get the right thing

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...search for a member here who did the same thing (what was his name:banghead)...

Edit: found his member name = motobub...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Bub built a hill climbing bike so its a bit different, but similar in that its a TL engine in something other than a TL.

To get it to run you'll need the wiring harness, computer (ECU), fuel injectors/TB's and all that stufff. Then you'll need to supply it with 12v power and ~50psi fuel.

You'll probably want to add flywheel inertia sometime along the way (just guessing, but the TL had very little rotating mass compared to a cage motor, might be a bit touchy).

Gear it low, the motor will not really pull below 2k rpm and will be happier much higher than that. Normal highway crusing rpm is 4-5k and it starts to get fun around 7k rpm.

have fun

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i want you to keep is updated on this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts