TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell are these installed, when i went down the long bolt got fooked and the ones i bought have a short bolt with a nut, where does that nut go or do i need the long bolt - the place i bought the ends from refused to help me over the phone and wanted money after guaranteeing me that was all i needed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds like you have removed the stock end (the long ass bolt). Youre good just pull them out and put the new ones in. The new ones should have a short bolt with a rubber piece on the end held on by the nut. When you put that in you bar and crank it down the bolt turns against the nut and expands that rubber piece....wala new bar end installed and no you do not need that long bastard.....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
u luckily had a long peice of threaded rod i used to "fish" out the standard rubber bits. they where up there pretty far.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I replaced one of those short bolts bar ends recently - too unsecure & wobbly.

The original is something like this - from inside out - nut washer rubber washer tube bar-end nut
It's not that hard to do it ONCE you know what's in there & what you're trying to do :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts