TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of bar end mirrors. I Love the CRG model (same model as Sully's bike) but I scared when I see the price of the set on the CRG store 224 US$ without shipping...too much for a set of mirrors...

So I found those ones on ebay.... What do you thing about it.... Maybe a bit small , just 60mm diameter... Anyone tried before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-bar-end-mi...4QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10490QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
They do make very nice parts, the site says $85 per side, so that is $170+ shipping. That is retail, so someone must sell them for less.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I include the adaptors price also.... I'll search ebay see what I find

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
TLexup, I was looking into the CRG's as well but too many people told me they vibrated too much so I decided against them...I'm going to go with real carbon mirrors from MRacing and I'm waiting to see if they'll make the mirrors with intergrated signals like I asked in November?...

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
My local shop does some all alloy ones with integral bar mount that look similar to those CRG ones for £25 per side ...... though I could only see RH ones on the shelf :confused ...... I can try and get some better details if you like (I was looking for some for myself :devious ) may not be able to get there 'til the weekend though :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
A lot of SV guys (including myself) have been very happy with 3rd Eye Bar End mirrors. They cost less than $15 a side and you get them from bicycle shops.

·
Registered
871 Posts
they look good and they're just a bit smaller than the ones you want, so get em' and if you don't like them put them back on ebay.:)

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Don't buy anything made from cast material, it will crack and you will need to have billet parts made, ask veetwo.

yes that is correct. the clamp (mirror to bar end) with the 2 x allen bolts crack when tightend the rest is ok :)

i need billet one's made :devious unless i buy some others in the meantime.

TLexup i presume that price on ebay is for each not a pair ?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
rizomas :drool

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the inputs..... Yes the mini bar end mirrors are 18£ per side... so aprox 70$ both sides. Thats a quite reasonable price.

For sure the CRG are better quality and have a better look , but they cost too much. I liked the CRG cos I see on the Sully's bike that they can close, and that way reduce the total width of the handlebar.

Moose will be nice if you can get some pics of those mirrors...and about the Rizomas, they're nice but not my taste...

Probably I'll try the mini mirrors cos I don't want to spend so much money on it..

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
rizomas...

definitely outta your price range if you think the CRGs cost too much.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
My local shop does some all alloy ones with integral bar mount that look similar to those CRG ones for £25 per side ...... though I could only see RH ones on the shelf :confused ...... I can try and get some better details if you like (I was looking for some for myself :devious ) may not be able to get there 'til the weekend though :)

:eatcorn interested to see what they look like as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TLexup did you get a set of them mirrors on ebay ?

i did just fitted them to the renthals. had to mod so they fit though.

pics: soon :)
Not jet Veetwo. I'm having small financial problems and I cut my bike expensives for a while until the things get better ( not a big deal )... So I probably get the mirror in the next months.

I also see this rizoma mirrors in black colour fitted on a SV 650 and like it very much... http://www.rizoma.com/images/immagini_catalogo/pop_up/BS070A.jpg

Still think about it.... Want to see your new mirrors also

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinling where I saw those rizomas..... on this thread :banghead :laugh :devious :coocoo :O

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the pics... Mirrors looks quite similar to the mini ones i found on Ebay.... Are they billet or plastic, I mean the adaptors to the handlebar.... What is the mirror diameter 60mm?... They looks cool :)

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Thanks for the pics... Mirrors looks quite similar to the mini ones i found on Ebay.... Are they billet or plastic, I mean the adaptors to the handlebar.... What is the mirror diameter 60mm?... They looks cool :)

they are the ebay one's you found :) - plastic. bar plug = 16.5mm / mirror = 60.2mm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts