TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON full throttle, upshifting, pop between first and second at shift.

Rich or Lean?

Also, I've had this trouble with my idle for years, tried everything, went to the shop (gasp), still nothing. She idles about 1k, if I adjust any higher with the idle adjust, she jumps to 2k. When engine braking if I clutch in, she'll hang at 2k, but if I push the throttle closed for a second she drops back to 1k. Any ideas other than the usual adjust the TPS and sync the TBs??????:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Check your intake boots are seated and all the little hoses the the TB's are either connected or the fitting is plugged in

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Also check throttle cable adjustment - if it goes down when you twist the grip fowad chances are there's a mechanical problem with the throttle cable adjustment or something sticking in the cables or throttle itself.

·
Banned
38 Posts
THE SAME SYMPTOMS OCCURED ON MY 99 GIXXER 750. ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE IDLE STARTING MESSING UP. AND WHEN ENGINE BRAKING, THE RPM'S WOULD HANG, SORT OF LIKE THE BIKE WAS STILL GETING GAS. I CHECKED A COUPLE OF THINGS, GOT DISCOURAGED. FOUND A BRAND NEW THROTTLE BODY ON EBAY. SINCE THE BIKE RUNS AWSOME! NO MORE NOTHING. I MIGHT NOTE, THAT IT SEEMED LIKE SOMETHING WAS HANGING UP IN THE OLD TROTTLE BODIES, I JUST COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Might also want to check tps and synch bodies....and rear spigot gasket if you have the stock system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts