Discussion Starter #1

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Very nicely done :thumbup

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw the "i H" emblem and immediately thought International Harvester, but I had no idea they made trucks/vans. Turns out they do. That thing is really cool. That looks like a great way to get to the track. The other cars are :drool as well.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Didn't know you lost it :confused
Very nice! You need some phat 22 inch rims on that puppy ... what's the power plant in it? :D

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Billbo...here's a vid of one of the guy I used to ride with. Back in the 90's he was still trying to figure out the backflip, finally used parts from a windsurfing board to keep his feet in the tray. Sucks that he isn't riding anymore, most natural wave rider I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NgI6AShNHQ

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
you used to ride with Joe Kenney? thats sick! :hail

When we went to pick up Ben's new EME Q8 hull we went to Eric Malone's shop in SW PA, he's a cool dude, 8-time world champ :hail

Heres Eric at the WF in 06 at Havasu it was the last year he competed, he hasnt since his mom passed :no

oh, sorry to hijack yer thread N2 :doh

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can hijack my threads anytime with that kind of material :hail

amazing stuff there.

kamikuza, its the stock 220 cu inline six gas motor. about 100 hp.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love standups, and I'm about to buy another one, but if you want big punch in a small bag... :)

This is my 10' hydro which will house my BUILT 650 jet ski motor, should be pushing 70+ mph fairly easily when I'm done with it :devious

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
looks like fun :hail

but ditch that 650...you need an EME 1105cc with powervalves :deal :devious

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thought about just throwing my spare TLR motor in there :)

But I figure they usually run stock 35 hp outboards (hitting 70+mph 1/2" above the water), with a good exhaust my ski should make at least 50 with a surface drive... so I think she'll be plenty fast

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
good point, they 650 should be well suited. A built 650 can easily break 70+HP, my stock 800 (actually 781cc) is ~100HP @ the crank. Ben's ~900cc stroker/powervalve engine is going to be ~170ish HP give or take, he's got to get the pipe professionally modified to fit in the hull, so we'll see how (if at all) it effects HP. But that's also driving a custom (only one in the world) Skat-Trak 12-vane setback pump (155mm I believe) with a 9-17 swirl prop in it, so that puppies going to have some serious thrust. My stock 6-vane (not sure what size, I think ~140mm) produces 700lbs of thrust with the stock engine, so I can imagine what that prop/pump setup is going to be pushing out :eek

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
how does the outdrive setup work? I was thinking you were going to be running a STD pump, but it seems like you'll be using an outboard style setup? :confused

I'm interested in seeing how that's put together, I've never seen anything like that :thumbup

·
Registered
291 Posts
No, not an outboard, inboard :) even better! That's why I'm doing it this way, no one has really done it to my knowledge. And that makes it fun :)

Jet pumps are just very inefficient at high RPM, and top speed suffers incredibly. Think about it this way. A stock-ish 550 would hit 40 relatively easy with what, 40-50 hp? And a new fancy (shitty :) ) Sea Doo will hit about 65, but it takes what, 300 horse or something stupid? And the world record top speed for a jet driven ski is like 81 or 82? Whereas outboard hydros will push 75 or so with about 40-50 hp. Props are just much more efficient up high compared to jets. Although nothing can compare to a jet for hole shot!

I'll be running the shaft through the standard bearing brace back through the transom, and then through a custom machined strut. Think V-drive without the V :) straight shaft to a surface drive. Then I'll either have a rudder behind the prop, or 2 small rudders on either side.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
good point :thumbup

my stock 800 will hit 50 on flat water, and I think the speed record is held by a done-up seadoo @ 84 I think :O

great ideas, I'd like to see this come together :thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Interesting project. That thing should haul ass!

Many moons ago when I was a kid, the nutjob guy I worked for had something like that, just a little bigger, powered by a Mazda RX-7 motor. Dunno how fast it went, but evidently it went quite fast. The sound it made was like something from hell. :laugh

It looked a bit like this thing and it said "Miss Rotary" on the sides :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice :jack gentlemen. that stuff is off the hook. sounds like i need another east coast tour to visit billbo :hail

just got this from a friend from the good guys monthly :laugh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts