TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the bike last Thursday, rode it Thursday night then Saturday morning I looked at the side & there's a big brown stain on the LHS upper face of the fairing :banghead

Dang! I thought, hope that'll scrub out ... then looked further down & saw that whatever it was has run along the light blue sticker stripe & buggered the glue holding the bottom edge on - it's now unstuck & flapping around at the bottom :rant

So I lifted the tank & it looks like gas has leaked from the pump, down the side of the tank then dribbled onto the fairing. It'd have to be a major dribble though cos it's not a small stain - but I cant see that the tank would be leaking - the gasket was replaced 18 months ago & the 'leak' stains look really old & ingrained into the tanks' paint.

Mutter mutter ...

So my questions are ... is it the bloody gasket again? What are the options to sort that bastard out?
The sticker stripe - how easy are they to replace or am I better off painting it back on?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleaned the bottom of the tank, although there was almost nothing to clean - the paint is actually stained which makes me wonder where the hell whatever gunk buggered my stripe came from :(

I'll get some pics of the damage tomorrow - dark now & I gotta go to work ;)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Where abouts on the faring is the stain :O

If it's towards the front by the handlebars, I'd say clutch fluid ........ if it's towards the rear maybe petrol :confused

1 - 5 of 5 Posts