TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

has anyone used avon tyres on their tls,

the reason is has i`m looking to change my tls tyres which are bridgestones i have been to my local bike dealership and they are doing deals on in standard tls sizes 120/70/17 & 190/50/17.

the avon tyres are Avon storm st & Avon supersports has anybody used these tyres either has a pair or a mixture 1 front 1 back and if so how do they work in handling/confidence inc wet weather and what kind of mileage has you got out of them

cheers

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I use the storms, on my second pair now although my front one did not really need to be changed but i have it as a spare. Great in the wet and dry done over 6000 miles using the motorways, country roads and a trip to Germany on the autobann with no speed limits:deviousstill have lots of life left even with the 1/5th throttle installed. They look cool and i really like them.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid I've a total of about 55k miles on Avons (45/46ST's then Storms) and they are by far my favorite rubber!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
alex was banging on about the storms for ages b4 i swapped to them, use in anger for the first time on sat. they are top tires, grip well, no slides, and decent miles, i would now highly recomend them.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Been using the storms since they came out. I like them, they wear well / grip well (but I do ride like a puff on wacky baccy) and they are competitivly priced.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like them, but they wear to fast. I could not get 2 grand out of them. After that i tryed the azzro. It was good for over 3, but not too stickey...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I got 20k miles per pair out of my last two sets of AV45/46ST's (Azzros I think) and thought the grip was exceptional - scraped hard parts on both sides of the bike (without crashing mind you:laugh). The storms seems a bit softer and stick even better in the wet. I haven't worn a pair out, but think they may wear a touch quicker. Still not bad though as I did about 4-5k miles on a pair, most of that heavily loaded and going fast and they weren't quite half way dead.

I do find that its pretty importaint to keep plenty of air in them. For commuting/touring I ran 40f/42r. For hammering the twisties 34-36.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

No experience here with the storms, but the Viper Sports on my TLR are great. Nice grip, turn in and good in the rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts