TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
i got out for the first time in ages yesterday..... cold air, dry roads and not much traffic make me a HAPPY boy!!!! man the 12 was flying!

enjoy your ride Johnny.. give them tyres plenty of time to warm up :yes

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm off out this morning for a couple of hours, not been out for a month, wish me luck
Enjoy... Alas Im all SORN'ed up for the winter now... Unless I can fool myself into getting something on the never/never for the winter thats me done till April.

Tim

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'm also SORNed. Not that bothered though as the gritters have been out and the roads are staying wet as f**k now :rant

Also the cage MOT is due 22/11 and also the tax. Having the exhaust and brakes sorted today so thats more pennies I need to spend. :(

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have still got to re-do the mechanical seal so i guess that's me done for the year (timeing and finances).

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
was oujt saturday myself on the bike but as ever it wont be sorned i try get out every dry day i can such as today :) off out in an hour or so :)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Just re-taxed the bike on Friday, but it ain't going far at present thanks to the bloody gritters being out 'cos the temps are dropping into single figures :rant :banghead

Just 'cos a few car drivers think they should be able to plow on and not modify their driving to reflect the road/climate conditions we have to spend 5 months driving around in a salt slurry :coocoo :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TLR is sorn'd, and is fairly shortly to be taken to bits. The Triumph is still on the road (and will be for the whole winter), if there's a ride coming up let me know. Changed the chain & sprockets on saturday - it's so much easier with a single sided swinger! By the way - ali rear sprockets are shite for regular use!

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm back safe n sound, a little bit squirmy under foot but all in all a nice refreshing outing.
125 miles of gorgeous Welsh countryside. Chicken strips are about 3/4" though :banghead
I did consider a knee down attempt on my favourite roundabout but bottled it,
next chance next Monday :yes

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride:thumbup

Be careful with lean angle when its cold out, tires don't stick as well.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have my every day blast to work rain as I dont do cars and I love it wind in your face and iceicles hangin from ya nose :laugh it all good role on summer!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I wondered why peepz have been sssooooooooooo quiet on here lately :) not quite got to the sorn'd stage just yet.......not too far off tho' :banghead

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was out on the Saturday and Sunday and stopped at the Ace for 2 stroke Sunday. Despite an earlier enthusiasm to ride through the winter it would be a shame to ruin what is a pretty good condition '97 S. Maybe the Beemer will take the strain again. OTOH I've paid the insurance and tax so maybe a god coating of salt inhibitor is the way forward.

Need to flush radiator and change the coolant before the first frost. The engine temp struggling to get above 60 degrees C on the move so thermostat / water pump housing upgrade are on the cards.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
my heated grips have gone back on - just the job for work last week (and this week too!!)

its amazing the difference non-cold hands make even if the rest of you is cold. they just take that horrible edge off and you can use your brakes easily too when your fingers can move!!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
my heated grips have gone back on - just the job for work last week (and this week too!!)

its amazing the difference non-cold hands make even if the rest of you is cold. they just take that horrible edge off and you can use your brakes easily too when your fingers can move!!
Heated grips are ace :) Got them on my FZX and they're toasty warm.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
very cool. :devious didn't fancy going the regrind way:O makes em a bit of a bugger to shim if you regrind......may i ask how much.....quite fancy some new cams. :devious :laugh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts