TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. the central Europe part of my trip is coming up and wondering if anyone has some tips/info. here is the list of places and dates ill be:

Netherlands - 21 Sep - 26 Sep (most likely in central amsterdam)

Belgium - 26 Sep - 1 Oct (no idea where ill hang out yet, tips would be great :O)

Frankfurt - 1 Oct - 3 Oct (gotta use a 700 euro lufthansa voucher in their store in Frankfurt :laugh)

Switzerland - 3 Oct - 8 Oct (again no plans yet)

Vienna - 8 Oct 10 Oct ( hang out in the city before flying to Cairo)

Sooo, any members from those countries/cities have tips on what i should do and see while there? All advice considered and appreciated :hail

Cheers
Zac

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
phffff we got away easy this time :laugh

·
Registered
153 Posts
5 days in the Netherlands! why?... Can't tell you much about here except the riding sucks, Amsterdam's worth a visit, dunno if the Heineken museum's reopened yet but may be worth a trip if you're that way inclinded.

And ofcourse there's always a couch, secure bike parking, beer and food here for ya in Breda... If you don't mind putting up with a kiwi.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got into amsterdam. The city is actually really beautiful, kinda reminds me of venice except a little more modern. You guys gotta do something about all the pot smoking hippies tho, theyre pretty much infesting the place.

Hey 2much, how far is breda from amsterdam.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bout 1 1/2hrs mate... Head to Utrecht, then the signs will lead you to Breda from there.

Will pm you my number, probably won't need it but just some insurance in case you have any problems while you're in the area.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
amsterdam hmmmm maybe visit a coffe shop :devious

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Hey 2much

lock up your food and family if zac's coming to town!!!!

Just jokin'

hope the trip is going well, wot bout sum pics?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bah the heineken museum is closed till the 20th oct. Im pissed, it was the main reason i came here. I cant stand pot heads and hippies and smelling weed everywhere i walk. Sitting in a pub across the road now drinking all their heineken.

Oh and yea its a huge city built on canals. Really nice. Only difference is all the pot heads and the fact there is cars etc here.

Oh well. What can ya do. Any other attractions worth seeing here that anyone knows?

As for pics i might do a big post at the end me my trip =)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
so I guess this means you won´t visit any coffeshops :laugh

·
Registered
153 Posts
That sux, i thought it might still be closed. I lived there for a month but didn't really do any tourist stuff as I was busy looking for a job. I think there's a wax museum off Damrak, and there's a sex museum around there somewhere incase you're married and want a reminder of what it used to be like.

Alternatively, you're welcome to come to Breda and help me drink all the leftover beer from the missus's b'day last weekend ;)

W

·
0 Posts
hey Mr. Korrupt,

if you're in Belgium, make sure to visit Ghent, nicest city of them all!! :)

i'll be back from my trip on the 29th, so we can meet up after that for sure...i know some pretty damn good restaurants and pubs...but of course, all that nice food and booze is wasted on an aussie with little taste :laugh :laugh

cheers, Jan

W

·
0 Posts
you could do Bruges as well, but IMO it is a bit too monotonous...only old buidlings, nothing else, Ghent has all of that too, but there's much more to do around here.

Antwerp is a much more 'cold' city, big harbour and all...i don't like it.

Brussels is excellent too, but very big city, and not so simple to explore on your own. I don't know any brussels people to guide you i'm sorry

If you really want to do the French part of Belgium, you should try Liege, but i don't recommend it, the flemish part is way more fun and nicer. :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
yeah Jan knows were all the good gaybars are :yes

:laugh

W

·
0 Posts
:yes i took lasse to 'ghay ghent gathering' and 'the ghent oyster bar' and he really loved it (he was the dancing queen while i was standing with my back against the wall at all times, just to be safe) :laugh :laugh

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
bah the heineken museum is closed till the 20th oct. Im pissed, it was the main reason i came here. I cant stand pot heads and hippies and smelling weed everywhere i walk. Sitting in a pub across the road now drinking all their heineken.

Oh and yea its a huge city built on canals. Really nice. Only difference is all the pot heads and the fact there is cars etc here.

Oh well. What can ya do. Any other attractions worth seeing here that anyone knows?
Funny, it was closed when I was there in 2000.

I was bored there too, I did a day bus tour to a small clog making place. It was interesting and it passed the time. :O

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey 2much

lock up your food and family if zac's coming to town!!!!

Just jokin'

hope the trip is going well, wot bout sum pics?
Mate, don't have a fam, just a missus with a mean right hook so goodluck to him. And there's **** all food too, Beer's taking up all the fridge space but being an Aussie I expect that'll make him feel at home... Altho it's quality stuff, not that nasty VB, Tooheys, or horse piss xxxx shit that you lot are used to.

you could do Bruges as well, but IMO it is a bit too monotonous...only old buidlings, nothing else, Ghent has all of that too, but there's much more to do around here.

Antwerp is a much more 'cold' city, big harbour and all...i don't like it.

Brussels is excellent too, but very big city, and not so simple to explore on your own. I don't know any brussels people to guide you i'm sorry

If you really want to do the French part of Belgium, you should try Liege, but i don't recommend it, the flemish part is way more fun and nicer. :)
Agree with Brugges, the place is beautiful and worth the trip. Antwerpen's good for a piss stop n that's about it. Brussels was a good night out, and you can go have a bit of a laugh at that statue of a kid pumping bilges... soz, never can remember the name.

Haven't tried Gent yet... must check it out one day. if you go to Leige you may as well carry on a little further and check out Fracorchamps.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:yes i took lasse to 'ghay ghent gathering' and 'the ghent oyster bar' and he really loved it (he was the dancing queen while i was standing with my back against the wall at all times, just to be safe) :laugh :laugh
spreading yourself on a table doesent count as standing against a wall :laugh

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm i might do Breda on the 26th for a night, found a nice hotel cheap on Heerbaan st, is that far from u guys 2much? :devious Then ill travel to Ghent for 4 nights before moving onto frankfurt. on the 1st Oct. Id come visit u germans for longer lasse but i forgot my chastidy belt :laugh

Might go to the wax museum today and then the sex museum. I stopped to send a txt the other day and as i look up i was infront of the sex musum looking like a derro :laugh quickly moved along.

Oh and im a refined Aussie, my beer of choise is actually Nastro Azzuro :laugh Tho i drink Vitamin B at most BBQs i go to etc :O

·
Registered
153 Posts
im on tramsingel if you look on google maps. it's about 15 min on bicycle, maybe 45 walking:O

The offer of a couch is still there, tho I understand if you prefer somewhere a bit more comfortable.

You'll like Breda, it's like a mini Amsterdam with all the old school character, but no tourists and stoners.

Isn't a refined aussie in the same catagory as unicorns, the lochness monster and rocking horse shit? lol

N I thought Lasse was Swedish???:confused

1 - 20 of 25 Posts