TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which ATT phone gets the best reception and has the best sound quality?

I have a Samsung a437 and it is has a lot of static and drops calls all the time. I was looking at some other ones like the SLM, 727, v365, and CU515.

I can upgrade tomorrow, but I'm reluctant since I don't know if the problem is this particular model phone (already exchanged it once) or the ATT network (supposed to be full strength in my area).

My last phone was the Motorola v325, which had great reception and sound, but the battery was so crappy it would die in about 10mins, so it was hardly a mobile phone. That was with verizon.

:O

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I've got an iphone and it gets great reception. I had the motorola Rokr E1 and it got good reception too, but my parents had cheaper phones and their reception sucked :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My wife and I have ATT/Cingular. I have some sort of basic samsung flip phone, she has a Razor. She usually has about 1bar more signal than I do. Also, if we are somewhere with a weak signal her's hogs all the bandwidth and kicks mine off:rant

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
maybe ATT just knows you ride a TLS so they degrade your performance to match the bike :lol :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I heard they figured the S is so fast that I could just ride there quicker than the radio waves would make it to the cell tower. Poor R riders didn't have that option so they gave them all the bandwidth:O

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
I've been using a Razor for a few years now and never had any problems with it other than battery life, then they just send you a new phone instead of just a new battery.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I got an IPhone and i have reception in East Afghan...BNC, i don't think the phone itself have a lot of say in the reception it gets...Just get the phone that you like for once and enjoy it...Get a few phones together on a paper and read USER reviews on them on the web...Thats how i justified paying 399 for a phone...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I heard they figured the S is so fast that I could just ride there quicker than the radio waves would make it to the cell tower. Poor R riders didn't have that option so they gave them all the bandwidth:O
:doh :laugh

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have ATT....I had a razor and it sucked. My girl has a razor and it's awsome. I now have a Samsung A737 and it's ok but way better than my old razor. My buddy has an iphone and he says that sucks. I went to amazon and read all the reviews before I upgraded. The a737 had the best from what I read....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One problem I have with phones is that I like to keep them basic. I don't care about texting, downloading bad music, or taking pictures. I just want something that will talk when I want it to talk.

Most of the reviews I think are written by 13 year old girls who's biggest concern is downloading the latest Brittany Spears musical monstrosity.:laugh

The LG CU515 has the most positive comments about sound quality and battery, so I think I'm going to exchange for one tomorrow.

I've seen the iPhone, and while it is pretty slick, I have absolutely no interest in 99% of what it offers (especially for the price).

BTW Defender, why on earth did you bring a $400 phone into a war zone?:dowhat Posting comments on Osama's Myspace...:laugh;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
I had the A437 like you and had dropped calls and horrible reception. My dad was due for a new phone and gave me his razor. So far, better build quality, better reception and more options. I think I'm going to keep his for a while. IF you know someone with an old Razor or with a newer Razor, swap out your SIM card and use theirs for a day or two to see if you like it. You can do it with any other phone as well.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
One problem I have with phones is that I like to keep them basic. I don't care about texting, downloading bad music, or taking pictures. I just want something that will talk when I want it to talk.

Most of the reviews I think are written by 13 year old girls who's biggest concern is downloading the latest Brittany Spears musical monstrosity.:laugh

The LG CU515 has the most positive comments about sound quality and battery, so I think I'm going to exchange for one tomorrow.

I've seen the iPhone, and while it is pretty slick, I have absolutely no interest in 99% of what it offers (especially for the price).

BTW Defender, why on earth did you bring a $400 phone into a war zone?:dowhat Posting comments on Osama's Myspace...:laugh;)
Well yeah true that...A lot of those reviews are a tad childish but u can usually spot those a mile out...Why did i bring it?...Well i was using the IPOD till i got a free Zune here and i don't remember all of the important phone numbers in my family, so i use it as my white pages:lol...

Back to the topic, now while keeping it basic and simple---DON'T BE A CHEAP ASS...Phones are like anything, u buy cheap stuff and u get cheap results...I had a cheap ass RAZR and i got cheap quality thrown back at me...I bought an IPhone and the results speak for themselves...All i am saying is be choosy and don't rush this shit, since you don't have a particular model set in stone for you, do some research and ask around...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, I just ordered a CU515, it had the most positive reviews on call quality and battery. So we'll see...

Thanks guys.:hail

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
sweet! let us know how it works!

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I'm probably buying the new 3G iPhone today or tomorrow. No reviews as of yet since they just came out today, but I figure if they suck they will get exchanged for someting else. :dunno

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Phones are like anything, u buy cheap stuff and u get cheap results...I had a cheap ass RAZR and i got cheap quality thrown back at me...I bought an IPhone and the results speak for themselves......
Tell us how you really feel Defender. :laugh

I think Razors are a hit and miss kind of thing, we're running 6 of them here at work and have no real problems out of 5 of them to speak ill of, The 6th one has been just a piece of crap from day 1. I'm not happy with the battery life in mine but I speak on it about 5-7 hours a day via blue tooth so perhaps I'm being a little too critical when all I have to do is plug it into the charger for a few minutes out of the average long day. Coverage area has a lot to do with it as well.

Maybe I'm old school but when I think of a cheap ass phone I'm thinking about a $30 Wal-Mart Virgin mobile special, not a $100+ Razor. :pirate
If I needed to spend $500 for a phone then that ****er better make me breakfast lunch and dinner and talk dirty to me. :yes

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I needed to spend $500 for a phone then that ****er better make me breakfast lunch and dinner and talk dirty to me. :yes
:stupid

:laugh

I heard people camped out all night to be first in line for the iPhone release today. For a ****ing phone.:rolleyes

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
A few calls later, I'm not getting an iPhone this weekend. Apparently all of them in the area are gone. Oh well, there's no way I'm waiting in a line for hours to get a phone. I'll wait a week or two so they can work out the bugs and then get them.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got the CU515 today, and I'm pretty pleased so far. The call quality is very good, and the phone has a really nice look and feel. (I got the sleek black one, but it also comes in purple:thatsgay)

Even forgetting about the good sound, I like this phone better than the 437, I don't know why it didn't stand out to me when I was shopping for it (probably because the one in the store was purple:thatsgay)

I can't say on the battery yet, but we'll see.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts