TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The atmospheric pressure sensor is mounted under the front headlight on a TLR1000, I bought the bike for a streetfighter project, so no fairing/headlight or sensor. It throws a FI code 22, a replacement is 140 pounds. I managed to get a Boost sensor off e-bay for 5 pounds ! (Airpressure, on back of air box). Having looked in the service manual I can't see any difference in the two electrically, they both seem to work the same but just look different. Any ideas?

Part numbers 18590-80c50 & 15620-02foo (seem to do the same thing to me?)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
One measures atmospheric, the other has a vacuum pulled on it by the throttle bodies. They have way different pressure applied to them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, the CONDITIONS each sensor is used in are different but having looked at the manual the output voltage for the 2 transducers are the same as the pressure changes. Ie at 100kPA the voltage for both the atmospheric and the air intake pressure will be 3.1V. At 76 kPA they will both be 2.4 volts. So to me it looks as if they have the same insides with different pakaging on the outside? In the UK we are generally at sea level which is 101kPA. So as far as pressure vs output voltage goes they look the same. I'm going to have a play, will be intresting to find out as the one is 140 pounds and the other is 260 pounds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts