TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday: Manged to lose bike key at work. Looked for 30 minutes, even though I hadn't been outwith 200 yards of work all day long it was nowhere to be found. Got mate to bring in spare key from my place, the spare key in question is....crap. It doesn't take off the steering lock, which was on. 30 minutes of wiggling with a can of WD40 and the lock finally comes off. ****. So, now I only have a key that starts the ignition but can't lock it.

Today: suddenly thought, does that key open the fuel tank?? Check about 3pm, it does after a bit of persuation...phewww. So on the way home, fuel light on I stop at a garage in deepest darkest glasgow. Fuel tank wont open with key. Then the ****ing key snaps off in the fuel tank lock. ****.....****, ****, ****, ****. So I'm stuck with no keys and part of a crap spare key stuck right inside the fuel cap. ****. Luckily enough a mate who does shifts was off and managed to cadge a van off his brother to pick me up with the bike and deliver me home.

But now I'm left with no keys to a bike that is my only form of transport for work, and a bill of £300 + for a new barrell, fuel cap and seat lock.

Anyone want to buy a bike?

AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead :banghead

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Watch for a lock set on Egay... significantly less expensive then the above quoted price.

and when you get the THREE extra keys cut for that lock set make sure to use the key that unlocks all the locks.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just pull your origional key out of the tail hump lock and you can use it:D

·
Registered
926 Posts
well I've got a gas cap and key you can have but no ignition to match.:O
You probly want both with the same key.
If you want it just drop me a PM and its yours.:O

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Just take one of the locks and a key blank (or maybe two or three) to a locksmith and have them make you a new key. They should be able to get the broken bit out of the fuel cap as well.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Just take one of the locks and a key blank (or maybe two or three) to a locksmith and have them make you a new key. They should be able to get the broken bit out of the fuel cap as well.

+1
I did that its quite cheap. they dont need the key to cut a new one they can do it from the lock. i got 3 more cut then 2 days later found the missing one a whole 2m from where i lock my bike up :banghead

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
lost mine once for three days ...found them sitting in the frame just below the seat lock:banghead:banghead:banghead...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello IBF - I recognise your name from Visordown!

Local guy to me in Maidenhead is breaking a TLS. Let me know if interested and I can PM you his contact details.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Irn Bru Freak, Give Girders a call and ask for CAT he may have something for ya, his number is 01236 753995, just tell him Ally - Bobbies boy gave you his number

Oh meant to ask, any sales happening yet?, thinking about getting some new gloves and boots

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Send me your 3 locks and any Suzuki key that fits and I will make all three match your key.

Done it many times to save buying complete lock sets.

I have quite a selection of Suzuki lock gates from the lock barrells :devious

Cost of postage to York and back is cheaper than £300 !!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Send me your 3 locks and any Suzuki key that fits and I will make all three match your key.

Done it many times to save buying complete lock sets.

I have quite a selection of Suzuki lock gates from the lock barrells :devious

Cost of postage to York and back is cheaper than £300 !!
Sniff sniff...what's that I smell? Another "Fiche-man How-To" thread? :thumbup

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
LOL

Remember my thread asking for a any Suzuki Key a few months back, I now have a TLR and 600 Bandit with matching locks :devious

It's not hard, the hardest bit is getting the lock barrell out of the body which is generally held in by an awkward to access spring clip.

Once you get the barrells out, you can switch the gates bewteen each other to suit your key. Any that aren't quite right or left over can be filed with a needle file to bring them level etc

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is a local (to me) locksmith who is a member of the Master Locksmiths Association.

My (original) key used to stick with the steering lock on. I took the key into them and they were able to identify the key code (don't ask how) in seconds and cut a new key against the code. The result was a key that worked perfectly and a bill of £3.50. I also now have a record of the key code.

Do search for the Master Locksmiths Association members in your area and see what they can do for you. I believe some of them will also come to your door.

Suzuki UK may also have a record of your key code. Did you try them?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Always stash a key in a turn signal. Then, if you lose one, all ya need is a screwdriver to get back on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts