TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go for a ride into the City (I work 3kms outside the CBD) to take care of a few matters. I get halfway there after taking off from a set of lights and go to grab 3rd gear ...

... WTF, where is the shift lever? :confused

I pull over to find the joint on the arm which bolts to the selector shaft of the gearbox has just 'fallen' off. In fact, it looks like its sheered off. :banghead

At least its a good thing that the problem is not my ProTek rearsets. :laugh

I've cable tied the rod securely and have left the bike in 3rd gear for the 20 minute ride home. PITA but I can pinch the part off my GSXR when I get home :thumbup

I wanna know, has this EVER happened to anyone else ... for a shift lever to just drop off without any force or knock or crash? :O

:O

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
uhhh, ??? no...... weird!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll admit, it is odd for this to just 'fall off' but thats what it did.

I've never laid the bike down. I don't think I'm too aggressive in my gear changes (when giving it a fistful). :O

I'll take a pic of it tonight hopefully before I change it.

Its a stupid problem to have ... but a problem nonetheless! :coocoo

:laugh

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
maybe you were riding that slow that someone stole it from the time you changed into 2nd and when you were going for 3rd :dunno

:lol:lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
50k miles and the only one I broke as after sliding down the road aways:doh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
maybe you were riding that slow that someone stole it from the time you changed into 2nd and when you were going for 3rd :dunno

:lol:lol
:lol

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Did it actually break or did it just vibrate off the spline?

I've had one vibrate loose but that was only because I didn't get it tight and then I had to hold pressure on it with my toe until I got home and could tighten it up.

If you need the knuckle, I think I have one in one of my boxes.

Let me know, I'll go dig around until I find it.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
got it, found it.

if you need it let me know.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
three cheers for da rifleman, you gotta love our members, always there to help one another out when they are in the clutch(or should i say brake)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i had that same thing happen last year, luckily it snapped in third so i could still get home ok, i got a new from from a 2006 gsxr1000. its all i could find in canberra.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts