TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
water pump seals

look at the bolt that hold the impeler (it's in the middle axactly ) did I put the rubber washer right (rubber side up)?

thanks !! :)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Did you put the spring back in, hold on and I will upload the Service manual picture, the rest looks ok, but dirty

·
Registered
8,965 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes , all the mechanical seal is new and mounted , just wasn't shure about the directions ..

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
The ceramic washer in the impellor looks right, the rubber side of the bolt washer should face the impellor, not the bolt head as you have it. The rubber lip around the washer should press against the alloy impellor face.

When the bolt is tight you can still push the impellor further onto the shaft which is why many weap holes dribble even when the mechanical seal is ok because the rubber side of the washer is missing/damaged.

A new rubber washer under the bolt head is as important as a new mechanical seal :thumbup

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK , thanks!
btw,
it's new:devious

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
What Sam said, and I always use some sealant when mounting the impeller and that last bolt.

Btw: My TLS came back from the Suzuki dealer with the seal mounted how you did. So don't feel stupid!

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't feel stupid , I've looked in the books (factory and Haynes) , and it doesnt say or show how to put it right.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Look up at page 3-55 I posted above it tells you exactly how to do it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes , I've noticed.
thanks for everything !! :hail

1 - 11 of 11 Posts