TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would have to be the most stupidest question I've heard in ages.

The guys on www.gsxr.com spoke about reversing the gear shift linkage for 1 up, 5 down.

The question that really got me pissing my pants was ...

"Doesnt it put neutral in between 5th & 6th?"

:spit

:lol :lol :lol

:lol

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
That is kinda funny, but If I were a NEWB again, just purchased the bike, and heard someone talking about the shift pattern being set up "reverse" or "gp" style. I could see how that would get lost in the translation. Funny S*&t anyhow.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
:lol

Will Steve dare to respond? :laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
gixxerjasen -> :bitchslap <- Ruby

Do NOT associate us with THAT noob! :rant

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
ofcourse they are that stupid they even have tiller envy now judging from the new gsxr1000 whit double exhaust :laugh

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
link no work cause of pws

·
14,150 Posts
garble

·
Registered
600 Posts
:laugh It's called GP shifting!!!! Thats the way my TL is set up never miss a gear & all my other bikes to before the DOT in 1968 lots of bikes came that way from the factory ...:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :dowhat :coocoo
edit: DOH.. sorry I read more now I feel :coocoo :coocoo

·
14,150 Posts
I used to have it on my old gixxer. Took my friends ST1100 out for a spin and when I went to upshift mid corner I went the wrong direction. Yes my friends, fear is backing a big ass sport touring bike into a corner.

I went home and put my gixxer back to normal and haven't looked back since. It was nice and I didn't miss shifts either but since every bike can't be that way and my brain doesn't operate like that I have to go one way or the other.

Not to mention I like to cruise along in 6th and when I need to pass someone I can bang down two gears real quick like and burn past them. Banging it up twice to go down twice is much slower and I'd not make it correctly sometimes. That was the only true downside to it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I dont beat others bikes when i ride them so it's dont bother me.

·
14,150 Posts
I don't either...was casually going round the corner (curved road actually), shift, and whoa...wrong gear! I actually don't usually ride others bikes at all cuz I'm so terrified while I'm on it because I know it's their baby that I usually just turn down opportunities to ride them.

Oh yea, and when it was reversed, my neutral was still between 1st and 2nd for some odd reason even though it was upside down! :laugh

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
No, not all gixxer riders are that stupid....

as far as gp style, you get used to it. my streetbike has been like that forever, dirtbikes can't reverse..it's really not a big deal once you get on the bike with a particular pattern.

I won't let people ride my streetbike though that haven't used gp style before.

·
Registered
600 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
I don't either...was casually going round the corner (curved road actually), shift, and whoa...wrong gear! I actually don't usually ride others bikes at all cuz I'm so terrified while I'm on it because I know it's their baby that I usually just turn down opportunities to ride them.

Oh yea, and when it was reversed, my neutral was still between 1st and 2nd for some odd reason even though it was upside down! :laugh
:laugh :laugh

·
Registered
600 Posts
Old sportsers & trumpets used to shift edit: right footed that sux

·
Registered
600 Posts
chucks_net said:
Ever shifted a suicide shift?

ft

or Jockey shift w/ suicide clutch whatever you want to call it